• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Offseason Thread

Hanging out with Barry Faircloth is worth the game day experience. Highly recommended if you are thinking of committing suicide or chopping your nuts off.

I thought Wolford threw the ball well and probably had the better offensive lines. Hinton's touch seems to have improved.
I just think Hinton gives us the best chance to create excitement and yards in the running game. Although he can, I just don't think Wolford is willing to keep the ball in run/pass situations enough to keep defenses honest.

I went into this spring hoping a QB would emerge (in particularly Hinton). But after today and the cumulative practice, even with my Hinton bias, I have to lean Wolford right meow.

Not much imagination on offense. We work the edges and avoid the middle. Not impressed.

This trying to run up the middle and out physical teams is just hard to do at schools like Wake. Really need some imagination, open it up with a spread, Veer, option, cut blocking, orbits, cut blocking, something. With QB's who can't even see over the OL, they need to roll out.

This trying to run up the middle and out physical teams is just hard to do at schools like Wake. Really need some imagination, open it up with a spread, Veer, option, cut blocking, orbits, cut blocking, something. With QB's who can't even see over the OL, they need to roll out.

I was not at the game, but I did see Clawson comment about keeping things 'vanilla' on purpose because game was televised. I do not know exactly what this means, but seems to speak to above comments on some level.

Wake is not the only school who keeps it "vanilla" during the spring game, on both sides. Defense rarely blitz, and offense runs base offense. Wake will be looking at GA Southerns tape from last year and Tulane will be looking at last years game tape, for the most part.

Some of my favorite players from today include: Jessie Bates, Chuck Wade and Stephen Claude

Vanilla should still look effective.

Vanilla should still look effective.

Wake's offense had 24 points at the half. I'd consider 48 points per game "effective." Only averaged 17.4 last year. More than a 175% increase!

Wake Football Offseason Thread - Spring Game this weekend

How did the team look compared to previous spring games? I assume there were a lot of top offensive players missing, right? Serigne, Cortez Lewis, Matt Coburn, Isaiah Robinson, Jared Crump.

Wake's offense had 24 points at the half. I'd consider 48 points per game "effective." Only averaged 17.4 last year. More than a 175% increase!
Well, either the black offense or the gold offense had the ball the whole time, and produced 24 points. And along with the 0 in the second half, that's an average of 12 per team a game.

I was not at the game, but I did see Clawson comment about keeping things 'vanilla' on purpose because game was televised. I do not know exactly what this means, but seems to speak to above comments on some level.

That's what he said in the newspaper

So said Grobe in 2013 as we awaited the fabled "option attack" with bated breath. Fact is, no one is expecting to see trick plays, that's a red herring. What we should see is an effective offense, something we haven't seen for a decade.

So said Grobe in 2013 as we awaited the fabled "option attack" with bated breath. Fact is, no one is expecting to see trick plays, that's a red herring. What we should see is an effective offense, something we haven't seen for a decade.

Yep, the old Grobe "keep BC from seeing our option" ploy was a WF Classic.

Well, either the black offense or the gold offense had the ball the whole time, and produced 24 points. And along with the 0 in the second half, that's an average of 12 per team a game.

hqdefault.jpg

This. Grobe did all of that stuff until 2010 btw

Back