• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

and BB&T Field can be a tough locale for opponents.

From the article. I don't think the author has ever been, or he only went in 06-08. Or perhaps he realizes that sometimes teams can't get "up" to play there.

From the article. I don't think the author has ever been, or he only went in 06-08. Or perhaps he realizes that sometimes teams can't get "up" to play there.

or maybe is an NCSU fan, explaining the part about them beating Clemson

Can't wait for our trip to Boston. That will tell the tale whether our OL can block a good pass rush, or our QB will be crushed in the backfield. I think the defense will keep the Eagles out of the endzone.

I'll be there as well.

Been periodically checking on BC and ANAICT they sound like us personnel wise. Spaz loves D and they should be good again although I can't determine if they have any newcomers of note. Last year....I'd forgotten how lousy we were in the 1st half on O....gave them 10 points on deep TO's. Weaver missed 2 long FG's but otherwise an even game.

We don't have a good recent history up at Alumni Stadium. BC has a tough opener @Northern Illinois before our game while we should roll Presby. I'm thinking 28-17 Wake right now

Making the trip to Boston with a few people as well.

Should be a close game that could determine our fate early on.

I'll be there as well.

Been periodically checking on BC and ANAICT they sound like us personnel wise. Spaz loves D and they should be good again although I can't determine if they have any newcomers of note. Last year....I'd forgotten how lousy we were in the 1st half on O....gave them 10 points on deep TO's. Weaver missed 2 long FG's but otherwise an even game.

We don't have a good recent history up at Alumni Stadium. BC has a tough opener @Northern Illinois before our game while we should roll Presby. I'm thinking 28-17 Wake right now

WF won the last time at BC (3-0), but not sure if we can call that unbelievably ugly game "good".

BC's 2016 QB (KY transfer Patrick Towles) ran out of eligibility, and their starting QB competition is between senior Darius Wade (who has only 3 starts and hasn't taken a meaningful snap in two years) and RS Frosh Anthony Brown who hasn't taken a meaningful snap in since HS. Would think that WF has the edge playing BC early in the year before either gets comfortable in game action. WF/BC is huge for both teams as each plays a tough schedule, and the loser will have a hard time making it to 6 wins.

Now that Cam is healthy, we may have the best group of receivers we have ever had, at least in recent memory. If our O line can give Hinton or Wolford time, we might make explosive plays coach Clawson talks about....

How recent is 2011 to you?

Kyle Kearns on the move again. Headed to Highland CC in Kansas.

Now that Cam is healthy, we may have the best group of receivers we have ever had, at least in recent memory. If our O line can give Hinton or Wolford time, we might make explosive plays coach Clawson talks about....

haha, no no no

Kyle Kearns on the move again. Headed to Highland CC in Kansas.

Probably because LSU's Lindsay Scott is playing for E. Mississippi. QBs got to play or they wither.

Clawson said today that frosh LB DJ Taylor will likely play and not redshirt. WF hopes to redshirt LBs Chase Monroe and Jake Simpson, but WF will use them this year if needed because of injuries:
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081617aaa.html

Taylor sounds like a great athlete. Although he played some D, Taylor was a stud RB in HS (5,000+ yards rushing and 70 TDs). He is from TN.

Overall, Clawson seems fairly pleased with the way the team is developing.
It's not perfect......never is.....but seems solid and going in the right direction.
Nice to have some depth too.

Back