• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

On the Dave Clawson show he mentioned that the following freshman will play: Ja'sir Taylor (Corner), Coby Davis (Safety), Sean Maginn (OL), and Jake Simpson (LB.
Those on 'red alert': DJ Taylor (LB), Sage Surrat (WR), Christian Beal (RB), and Tyriq Hardimon (Safety).
The starting oh-line is: Herron, Haynes, Anderson, Osterhage, and Benzinger. Nash, Gilliam, and Terry will play. Further, Watson has looked good.
He mentioned that the Tight End position looks really good in the future without Serigne. Mentioning Cole, Freudenthal, and Chapman.

Good summary from DeacsorDie. Some other notes:

Kickoff duties will go to either Weaver or Maggio. Still being decided.

This is the largest walk-on class that Clawson has taken. Maybe 10ish new players.

Benzinger winning the RT spot was probably the biggest news. Nash might see some time at RT. Gilliam could see some time at OG. Made him sound like the top reserve OL overall. I agree with DeacsorDie that Watson sounds like he is 9th in the pecking order (behind the 5 starters, plus Gilliam, Nash and Terry). He said that Maginn was the freshman that was most physically ready to play so they are pulling his redshirt, but then Clawson didn't include him in the list of OLs that could see playing time. It was puzzling.

The team has stayed relatively healthy throughout camp. I think that Terry may miss some time though.

He mentioned Coby Davis as a safety. I wasn't aware of that. So Ja'Sir Taylor is the only cornerback in the 2017 class.

Forgot to mention above that Clawson said that Dortch will return kickoffs and punts.

That's good to hear. Are we going to have two KRs back or one?

I prefer having two back. One who only concentrates on catching the ball, and the other to survey the coverage and make the decision to run the kick out of the endzone (or not).

FWIW, Taylor Zarzour picked Wake to finish last in the Atlantic and Greg McElroy picked Wake 6th (BC last) on XM The First Team. They also opined the Atlantic is the toughest division in college football this year.

FWIW, Taylor Zarzour picked Wake to finish last in the Atlantic and Greg McElroy picked Wake 6th (BC last) on XM The First Team. They also opined the Atlantic is the toughest division in college football this year.
Well, hey were right about one thing.

Presbyterian game will be interesting. They have the Walker kid that threw 100 TD's in high school fand everyone thought we should have made a run at him.

Don't know if he starts on Thursday but if so hopefully we have an answer for him.

Three Days!!! That is all.
4cc7a7.jpg

I'll take it.

Back