• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Sure. But how does that make us feel better about losing recruiting battles for players Clawson offered?

Exactly, this is one of the most important metrics we need to use in judging our classes. Not so much the stars but how many guys we go head to head against other state ACC schools state (and like minded schools to Wake) and how many of those we get. Clawson has done a good job in early identification of talent but has to start winning more of these battle than we have been, instead of winning battles against an Old Dominion, Ga. St, Furman, Stamford etc. Not saying some of these hidden gems can't be solid players for us, but it is very hard to win in the ACC with a squad largely made up of these non P5 type offered players. Hopefully the losing of McCrae and Durant is not a sign of things to come in those battles

Most of our current commits have other big five power offers

The essence of the LOWF mentality is going through contortions to make excuses for Wake's inability to succeed either in recruiting or on the field. To move forward the first thing that needs to be done is to stop the contortions and face facts.

The essence of the LOWF mentality is going through contortions to make excuses for Wake's inability to succeed either in recruiting or on the field. To move forward the first thing that needs to be done is to stop the contortions and face facts.

Lol

Javeon marlow, RB committed to Vanderbilt. There was some speculation we were involved earlier. I'm not sure how involved we've been recently. I'm not aware of any other legit RB targets on the radar.

Our RB situation is fine. It's nice to have one a year but I'm not sweating it.

_Perhaps some of the recruits saw how well we were stocked at rb.

_Perhaps some of the recruits saw how well we were stocked at rb.

My thoughts exactly. Not much room unless you are really good and even then you might sit for a couple of years. Give me OL !

Duke, VT, GT, and vandy had no problem convincing great RBs to commit when their RB situation was clearly set for the next few years. I've heard people say the same thing for the TE position this year.

Ignorance is not an argument.

Ok, what do you think is the reason Wake hasn't succeeded in football? Genuinely curious as to why you think Wake is simply being held back by a small time mentality...

Waydale was a nobody at this time last year. Claw will get it done. We need another DT in this class, even if Basham plays inside.

What's the argument. Lohengrin just saying get better football players...win more games. Pretty basic shit.

What's the argument. Lohengrin just saying get better football players...win more games. Pretty basic shit.

Right Mack. This isn't rocket science.

Two different things. One, our program needs to start winning recruiting battles to elevate the program. Two, people constantly making excuses for failure are accepting the low level of performance we've seen historically. If fans don't expect more, more won't happen. Fan attitude isn't the only thing, but it's a part of the whole miserable WF sports ethos. It's straightforward.

This is one area that the d*ckhead Elrod really hurt us. Had we not given away the Army and BC games, and gone 9-4 last year, we might be looking at a different scenario.

Louisville. We had a real shot.

Back