• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Tulane - Monday 11/17 at 8PM ET (ESPN3)

Brendan207

Reaction score
Wake Forest heads to New Orleans on Monday to take on the Tulane Green Wave. TV is on ESPN 3 again, 8PMT ET

Tulane moved from Conference USA into the American Athletic Association this season From everything I've read they aren't expected to make much noise in the conference this year.... although they are returning most of their guys from a team that was 17-17 in 2013-2014 (8-8 in CUSA play, good for 7th). They lost in the first round of the CBI to Princeton. The Green Wave were 268th in offensive efficiency and 265th in defensive efficiency last season... so hopefully they haven't improved much this year.

Not sure how many times we've played them in the past but we did beat them in Winston-Salem last season 72-57. During that game our current roster was pretty quiet... Coron Williams led us with 18, Cav had 11, Moto had 8. CMM had the best game of any of our current players, 12 points and 6 assists. Devin had a below average night, 7 points and 6 boards. Tulane's Louis Dabney lit us up for 29 points... and he's back again this season.

I'd be thrilled if we could limit our turnovers to under 20 and get a nice 10+ point win on the road to give the guys some confidence that this group can win away from home. Go Deacs.

I'm nervous about this one. Road opener, young team, pretty much a toss up. I think it's an awfully tough one.

We start 3 juniors. I don't think we get to call ourselves a young team anymore.

Don't get expectations of an easy or big win for this one. Tulane is another 3-guard offense where their guards last season all averaged double-figure scoring, one of them 15+ per game.

Wake opens as a 2 point favorite.

ETA: Manning played this team twice last year, beating them by 26 and 21. He should be familiar with them.

Last edited:
How are we a 2.5 point favorite on the road tonight? I mean, Tulane (probably) isn't anything special... but our road performance has been abysmal for years now. That's going to change right away?

Road games are generally worth about 3 points regardless of how good or bad you are on the road over the past X games. This game is essentially a toss up.

I don't think you need to explain how point spreads work to DeacsATS.

Road games are generally worth about 3 points regardless of how good or bad you are on the road over the past X games. This game is essentially a toss up.

Agree that the game is a toss-up, but not sure what you are saying... we are on the road and favored (not 3 point dogs, implying a "toss-up").

Wake opens as a 2 point favorite.

ETA: Manning played this team twice last year, beating them by 26 and 21. He should be familiar with them.

At the women's basketball clinic, Manning talked through the Tulane scouting report as an example of how they scout and prepare. It was interesting in general, but he definitely talked through it with a lot of confidence and comfort. They should at least be very well prepared on paper.

Not wagering on the game, by the way... just wondered why we were favored. I guess the answer is that Tulane isn't good.

But very much looking forward to the game... can't wait to see how we play away from the Joel. The Arkansas game has the potential to be a blowout (quick turnaround, good team), so it would be nice to come away with a win tonight.

Louis Dabney is the main guy to watch out for tonight. He had 29 points on 11-15 shooting last year against us. Kinda nervous about this game. We need to get this one because there's little chance we're beating Arkansas.

It's going to feel weird to watch a road game with optimism now.

3 points to the home team. Theoretically we'd be 9 point favorites at homie.

Agree that the game is a toss-up, but not sure what you are saying... we are on the road and favored (not 3 point dogs, implying a "toss-up").

I was just saying I'm not sure that Vegas really cares if we've been good or bad on the road over the last couple of years since we have a new coach and fresh faces with transfers.

Back