• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

I think you're substituting "Sherman Ragland III" for "Wide Receiver Corps". Remember, Camp was out 3 games and still got 79 receptions, and is #1 in the ACC in that category. Ragland might not be able to catch, but he's running routes well (minus a couple stupid mistakes, like falling). The others can actually catch it looks like, but they're not as athletic as SRIII or Camp.

Not to mention, the WRs really blocked well when you think about it. They used their size to their advantage.

Galloway isn't the issue.
lol terrible post. davis (normally sure-handed) dropped too many passes this year. terry, jackson, and ragland probably dropped at least 25% of the catchable balls thrown their way. camp is clearly a stud and was force fed because the rest of the receivers are hot garbage.

and i really thought about it, and still don't think our WR's are good at blocking. pretty average imo.

I think you're substituting "Sherman Ragland III" for "Wide Receiver Corps". Remember, Camp was out 3 games and still got 79 receptions, and is #1 in the ACC in that category. Ragland might not be able to catch, but he's running routes well (minus a couple stupid mistakes, like falling). The others can actually catch it looks like, but they're not as athletic as SRIII or Camp.

Not to mention, the WRs really blocked well when you think about it. They used their size to their advantage.

Galloway isn't the issue.

I think it is worse than you remember. Ragland was horrible, and failed to have one game were he did not drop or fumble a ball. Even James was dropping passes before he got hurt. James and TD were far from reliable. Excluding Camp, this was the worst group of WR's I have ever seen at Wake dating back to around 1987 or so.

Kristopher J Redding ‏@KrisRedding

Tired of being embarrassed to say I play where I do...I work too hard for this...we work too hard for this...

I am also tired of being embarrassed to say who I pull for. I really hate this for the guys. I love Wake Forest and watching these guys suit up but the time has come for something to happen. I am very thankful for what Grobe has done for Wake but things have become very stale around the program. When you can't even fill the stadium for a Thursday night game against a very good Clemson team, to me that says alot about the team and how the fanbase feels. I know Wake is not an easy gig but I think we all are tired of being embarrassed. Do some work Wellman.

I am also tired of being embarrassed to say who I pull for. I really hate this for the guys. I love Wake Forest and watching these guys suit up but the time has come for something to happen. I am very thankful for what Grobe has done for Wake but things have become very stale around the program. When you can't even fill the stadium for a Thursday night game against a very good Clemson team, to me that says alot about the team and how the fanbase feels. I know Wake is not an easy gig but I think we all are tired of being embarrassed. Do some work Wellman.

Spot on. It truly sucks being embarrassed every weekend... It would never come down on Grobe if he wasn't being paid top ACC salary to have bad teams. If you want to be paid big, you need to perform big. With such a large financial commitment by an already suffering athletic budget, it is not acceptable to scrape by in a shitty ACC. If all you want is mediocrity, I guarantee you we could get the same production with a much cheaper staff.

Greg McClinton ‏@G_McClinton
ATTENTION TWITTER i need for all my followers to follow my lil bro @SMitchell_4 he trying to get to 1000. Plus Wake fans he's a huge target!

Here's a feel good Tweet, of days gone by, from LD:

LD Williams™ ‏@LD_Williams_4
i swear i'd kill do go back to my Wake days...@DWeave44 @CamStanley11 @Teague0 @CoachLepore @bho52 @ChiefHJR04 no 1 had more fun than us lol

Greg McClinton ‏@G_McClinton
ATTENTION TWITTER i need for all my followers to follow my lil bro @SMitchell_4 he trying to get to 1000. Plus Wake fans he's a huge target!

LOL. GMac knows what's up.

I think it is worse than you remember. Ragland was horrible, and failed to have one game were he did not drop or fumble a ball. Even James was dropping passes before he got hurt. James and TD were far from reliable. Excluding Camp, this was the worst group of WR's I have ever seen at Wake dating back to around 1987 or so.

Their lack of ability to catch the ball was truly outstanding.

We've had some WR corps that weren't all that athletic, but were reliable. We even had some who didn't have great hands, but were playmakers out of the orbit. Even people who watched practice mentioned that this group struggled to catch the ball. The problem never improved.

We've had some WR corps that weren't all that athletic, but were reliable. We even had some who didn't have great hands, but were playmakers out of the orbit. Even people who watched practice mentioned that this group struggled to catch the ball. The problem never improved.

Our team speed overall is down in my opinion, especially receiver I think. Camp's got good speed and can catch, but he's the exception. I hear Sherm's got good speed, but if he really does, it certainly wasn't a factor this season. We always seemed to have some speed guys at receiver going back to Jason Anderson, John Stone, Fabian Davis (good football speed, if not pure speed), Willie Idolette, Kevin Marion, Kenny Moore (see Fabian Davis), Chris Givens, etc. Certainly not saying all those guys were great receivers, but we were to take advantage with them either by catching the ball, running the ball with the reverse/sweep/orbit stuff, or even in the return game. Also, as Ph points out, we had some good hands guys too like a Nate Morton, Kenny Moore, or Boldin or even (gasp) a few tight ends.

Good post. Good point about team speed. The rest besides Camp are possession receivers in terms of size and build, but have problems catching the ball. Not a good combination.

Good post. Good point about team speed. The rest besides Camp are possession receivers in terms of size and build, but have problems catching the ball. Not a good combination.

You know there is a football saying that guys playing defensive back are usually the guys that tried playing receiver, but couldn't catch the ball. If true, doesn't say much for our defensive secondary guys, lol.

Looks like we haven't lost all the players...

Devin Thomas ‏@Devin_Thomas2
WE will rise again and it will be under coach [Redacted].. We got his back just like he got ours. #GoDeacs

You know there is a football saying that guys playing defensive back are usually the guys that tried playing receiver, but couldn't catch the ball. If true, doesn't say much for our defensive secondary guys, lol.

Ah great. Now Grobe is going to see this and convert all our WRs to DBs.

WE will rise again and it will be under coach [Redacted].. We got his back just like he got ours. #GoDeacs

Glad Bzz has the players' collective back. Without our vaunted head basketball coach to speak for them, no one would know that we lost to Nebraska by double digits at home because Tuesday is the hardest academic day of the week.

LOL. A+ for being positive though.

Back