• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

This made me laugh

Orville Reynolds ‏@MotorMotorWF
I saw someone left their car headlights on n I thought I should go turn them off as a nice citizen. Then I remembered I'm black. So I didn't

Looks like we haven't lost all the players...

Devin Thomas ‏@Devin_Thomas2
WE will rise again and it will be under coach [Redacted].. We got his back just like he got ours. #GoDeacs

He's just a freshman, he hasn't enough time to fully resent Bzzz yet.

Looks like we haven't lost all the players...

Devin Thomas ‏@Devin_Thomas2
WE will rise again and it will be under coach [Redacted].. We got his back just like he got ours. #GoDeacs

Love me some Devin Thomas. Half a season of NCAA ball and that kid is going to start looking like a legit player.

Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac

You know there is a football saying that guys playing defensive back are usually the guys that tried playing receiver, but couldn't catch the ball. If true, doesn't say much for our defensive secondary guys, lol.

In the good ole' days (circa 2006-2008), I heard Grobe repeat this line multiple times in reference to Phonz wanting to play both ways. (it was always in a humorous way.)

For me #2 is for football what #22 is for hoops. I love seeing Phonz around the program and his enthusiasm he still holds for WF. While I'd prefer to see him playing on Sunday, it's pretty cool that he chooses to stick around W-S.

Love me some Devin Thomas. Half a season of NCAA ball and that kid is going to start looking like a legit player.

Anyone know why Devin's minutes have been drastically reduced? Played 32 mins against UCONN but the last two games he's down to 12mins per.

I think Rountree's emergence also has something to do with it

I think Rountree's emergence also has something to do with it

Yes, though I would have thought that would have cut into Moto's minutes as well.

We were horrible defensively in the second half against Nebraska and I don't think DT played a minute in the second half. Of course, it was their outside shooting that got hot, but I would have still liked to have seen DT on the court.

Yeah, I don't get Buzz's substitution patterns. He goes from not playing Rountree at all to playing him significant minutes. Then he decides to start Devin Thomas after the exhibition game, but now he's not playing in the second half of a game that we were down by 4 at halftime. Also, my guy Moto needs more minutes.

The way the last game went, I wish Buzz would have just went to an all freshman lineup. It would have been disastrous on the offensive end, but at least the message would have been sent to CJ and Travis that you have to come to play.

Chase was our leading scorer in the first half against Nebraska, then he sat on the bench for the second half. If anything he would have made them commit to defending him on the perimeter, opening up the post. His substitution patterns are the worst.

Chase was our leading scorer in the first half against Nebraska, then he sat on the bench for the second half. If anything he would have made them commit to defending him on the perimeter, opening up the post. His substitution patterns are the worst.

I thought the same thing. Why in the hell wasn't Chase out there in the 2nd half?????

Back