• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Wake Basketball ‏@TieDyeNation
Deacs enjoying some post-practice yoga.

AyHEylSCMAA8EOn.jpg

The interesting thing to note here is the court. I guess the new logos are on the way?

That is strange. I remember the SD's saying they were changing it.

Yoga FTW!

c39138e2d10811e18dfa22000a1cbb1d_7.jpg

Wake Forest Fb ‏@DeacsRecruiting

Wake Forest's new weight room is going to be 28000 square feet, making it one of the largest in the entire country!

That's Reynolds Gym, right?

Have they said what they're going to do with the current football building yet? Isn't their current weight room in that? Also, any eta info on the Reynolds redo?

Wake Forest's new weight room will be in Reynolds Gym. See those huge oval windows? That's currently the brick wall facing Wingate Road.
Expand

2h Craig Boyd Craig Boyd ‏@craigthedeac

@DeacsRecruiting just curious, is this gym for the Fball team or the student body?
Expand

1h Wake Forest Fb Wake Forest Fb ‏@DeacsRecruiting

@craigthedeac That weight room is for all of our athletic teams. There are plans to renovate the general student weight room too

Wake Forest Fb ‏@DeacsRecruiting

@DemonDeac93 Very soon. Tentative goal is to be ready for the 2014 season

Reactions: TBR
Yes, this will be an expansion of Reynolds Gym in place of the old tennis stadium.

They plan to demolish the current football building, Manchester, and expand the Miller Center.

Yes, this will be an expansion of Reynolds Gym in place of the old tennis stadium.

They plan to demolish the current football building, Manchester, and expand the Miller Center.

That's pretty much what I assumed but I had never heard for sure.

Where do the new student facilities go? In the Miller Center or in Reynolds? What will Reynolds have in it besides student health (presumably), the athletics weight room (and locker rooms, again presumably), and HES class rooms?

And, James, 95% certain those windows face over Kentner and are already in place (though I think they are currently glass block though I might be remembering wrong). I would assume that, addition aside, they will try to keep the exterior of Reynolds untouched as it is one of the oldest buildings on campus.

That's pretty much what I assumed but I had never heard for sure.

Where do the new student facilities go? In the Miller Center or in Reynolds? What will Reynolds have in it besides student health (presumably), the athletics weight room (and locker rooms, again presumably), and HES class rooms?

There's been talk of both a new student rec center on Poteat Field and Miller Center gym renovations. I know they plan to add an indoor training and practice facility to Miller (presumably for football), along with consolidating all athletic program offices.

I filled so many surveys for this new weight room. If its only athletes, I'mma be sad. Unless they're making ANOTHER one -_-;

Man, there's going to be continuous major construction on campus for the next decade.

Yep, although I think once Farrell and North Campus Residences are done they will shift more towards expanding and renovating current buildings. I know that's part of the reason the North Campus Residences are as big as they are; they needed to have more capacity so that they could close down buildings for more than just the summer.

They don't want to use up more green space either, and I suspect the war on parking is temporarily on hold until people get accustomed to the latest arrangement.

That image is from where the pool currently is. The area around it will be glassed in for student space. The office move out of the lobby, and they will open that up for student workout space. Pool moves to a solarium between Reynolds and new building. New building is over the footprint of tennis stadium and houses HES/AD offices and classrooms.

The schematics are monte.

That image is from where the pool currently is. The area around it will be glassed in for student space. The office move out of the lobby, and they will open that up for student workout space. Pool moves to a solarium between Reynolds and new building. New building is over the footprint of tennis stadium and houses HES/AD offices and classrooms.

The schematics are monte.

Are they publicly available (or on WIN)? Normally Wake is pretty good about that kind of thing, but I can't find anything on the WFU web site.

Not sure they have gone public yet. I will see if I can track them down. It was a few months ago that I saw them.

Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz)
7/18/12 7:48 PM
Pitt-Big East announce Panthers will pay the same as Syracuse ($7.5 million) to leave by 2013. ACC and Big East membership now set for 2013.

Back