• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

If you read Feinstein's staments carefully, it is not inaccurate. He said that Wake would not fire [Redacted]. True story. . .he resigned. He also said that 2 assistants would move on. Since I expect 22 to be elevated to the AD, that is also true.

Last edited:
If you read Feinstein's stamens carefully, it is not inaccurate. He said that Wake wold not fire [Redacted]. True story. . .he resigned. He also said that 2 assistants would move on. Since I expect 22 to be elevated to the AD, that is also true.

He got fired

Resigned is AD speak

It was also clarified by Dave Glenn that Feinstein meant that Buzz would be back next year; not trying to be subtle about firing and resigning. Good grief, the fucker was totally wrong and misled people.

Howland: "Well you know, I wanted to get hired by Wake but the darndest thing happened: I was watching the NCAA Tournament and I NEVER FOUND OUT THE WAKE JOB WAS OPEN! They need to extend their outreach next time, try godaddy.com or something."

How much do you think Archie, Menzies, Masiello, and Amaker thought about the Wake job today? Hell, Masiello and Menzies may not even know yet.

How much would they have been thinking about it and on the phone with their agents if Bz resigned on Monday?

You want your targets paying attention. When a coaching position comes open, you have a nice window to get some press and some media attention. Do this on Monday and maybe ESPN spends a minute or two talking about young coaches in the tournament who may be ready for an ACC job.

Someone needs to fess up and call out the perpetrators! This thread is/was completely ridiculous. Who the fuck are Feinstein sources anyway?

It was also clarified by Dave Glenn that Feinstein meant that Buzz would be back next year; not trying to be subtle about firing and resigning. Good grief, the fucker was totally wrong and misled people.

If I had a "source" that screwed me over this bad, I'd out his ass...

Wellman wanted as little publicity over his failure with Buzz as possible, hence the announcement on the first day of the NCAAT, when no one nationally was paying attention and the story would quickly be lost. The local yokels he thought he could handle. Well, Ron was wrong again. Once again it's the egoistic delusions and the desire to limit damage to his reputation that are the chief motivators behind Ron's actions.

What do you expect from a damn dookie?!

i just wanted to revisit this thread to say, :fu: to Feinstein and his sources for increasing my stress level over the past 3 days.

Back