• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake to keep [Redacted] according to John Feinstein sources

As someone on BSD said, you wait till day 1 of the tournament where you announce it and no one notices. That's obviously going to be the case.

Seems like an AD would want coaches to notice he's hiring. Why make a position available when target hires are paying the least attention?

Seems like an AD would want coaches to notice he's hiring. Why make a position available when target hires are paying the least attention?

I'm fairly sure the coaches know what jobs are available, presumably because we make contact with them when we want them.

Is this a serious post? For fuck's sake, a head coaching job in the ACC opening up is not going to go unnoticed. Use some common sense here. It isn't like we are going to post the job at Monster.com.

Wellman is out of town. This isn't going to be dealt with until he is back in town. He probably is back in town Wednesday or Thursday. We will know this guy's fate soon enough.

Clearly Wellman is interested in as few "Wellman fucked up" stories as possible, since that was the only reason to have a year 4 to begin with.

no he did not. he said bz would not be fired. that gives feinstein an easy out when bz resigns.

didn't you idiots graduate from wake forest?

Sorry if a Haas. Glenn on the Feinstein rumor:

http://www.accsports.com/articles/whats-next-for-[Redacted]

Dude go listen to the tape. David Glenn does not parse words when he says he followed up with Feinstein and asked him directly, "Will Bz RETURN to Wake." And Feinstein says yes that is his report. Bz will return for a 5th year and 2 assistant coaches will be fired. Doesn't make it true, but it is what Feinsteins "sources" at Wake have told him.

no he did not. he said bz would not be fired. that gives feinstein an easy out when bz resigns.

didn't you idiots graduate from wake forest?

Sorry if a Haas. Glenn on the Feinstein rumor:

http://www.accsports.com/articles/whats-next-for-[Redacted]

the definition of keep is "to retain possession of." wake is not "retaining the possession of" bz. he is gone. we may not be technically firing him (like the blowhard feinstein said), but we also aren't keeping him.

like my friend 94deac is fond of saying, reading comprehension is your friend.

Bud, you're arguing with a wall. No one gives a shit how Bz's tenure here is dissolved be it resignation, termination, deportation, what the fuck ever. Most of us are clinging on to the favorable, save pizza-face option of accepting his "resignation." However, what is not up for debate is the second sound clip posted by Woody. On it, David Glenn summarizes the rumors of Feinstein reporting that Bz would be back. Says he doesn't believe shit on the internet. Then, states that he followed up with Feinstein personally and asked him "Did you report that Bz would be back for his 5th year?" According to Glen,Feinstein responded yes, Bz will be back for year 5 according to his "sources." Unless Glenn is just making up conversations, that clarifies any vague semantics.

There' your reading and listening comprehension. If Glenn is to be believed, then Feinstein believes without equivocation, that Bz will not be fired, will not resign, and will be the 2014-15 coach for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

Don't get your panty's in wad just yet young mate. The question you need to ask yourself is who the fuck is Feinstein and why the fuck should I believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

Save the condescending bs for another endeavor. "Be Back" and "not fired" are not simple semantics. The good news is that Glen immediately said that his "sources" said this could be resolved as early as tomorrow. (wouldn't be surprised if these fuckers sources were us cheese dicks on this board).

Dude go listen to the tape. David Glenn does not parse words when he says he followed up with Feinstein and asked him directly, "Will Bz RETURN to Wake." And Feinstein says yes that is his report. Bz will return for a 5th year and 2 assistant coaches will be fired. Doesn't make it true, but it is what Feinsteins "sources" at Wake have told him.

He already seems to be hedging. Here's a tweet from his show:

"For those asking, John did say on the show today a source told him #WakeForest will not be firing Jeff [Redacted]. Things can change though... 14 hours ago"

There is absolutely no way the info attributed to Feinstein is true. While as
far fetched the notion of Wellman retaining bzzzz and firing assistants is, it's even more far fetched to think that we would tell someone he planned to fire two assistants. To me that portion of the info fails every single sniff / logic / common sense filter out there. Wellman is a lot of things but he isn't a loose talker. Absolutely no way he told someone that he is firing two assistants.

Seems like the only important info left to figure out is when Ron is coming back to Winston. Staying in Dayton for games tomorrow I assume. Then does he go to a tourney site or two Thurs-Sun?

That's why I think it'll be either Thursday or Monday.

He also could attend just the games in Raleigh which is a Friday/Sunday site.

He also could attend just the games in Raleigh which is a Friday/Sunday site.

This was my thought as well. Not sure how he decides which site to attend, but given the madness occurring with his actual athletic program, Raleigh would seem to be a logical choice. Note: I do not expect him to attend Raleigh's games.

This was my thought as well. Not sure how he decides which site to attend, but given the madness occurring with his actual athletic program, Raleigh would seem to be a logical choice. Note: I do not expect him to attend Raleigh's games.

Having the flagship program be ignored and wither on the vine (while other programs scoop up available coaches) by the very person you've paid millions of dollars to manage might just be the rock bottom we've all been waiting for. If gross and deafening inattentiveness to rumors undermining the stability of his program are any indication, not even Wellman cares about Wake basketball anymore. For goodness sakes, say something.

The question really is whether the chatter in coaching circles is that Bzz is gone or not. I am not too worried about losing coaches if wellman is announcing this next week. Any coach that has options can wait to see whether our job opens up early next week. It's also possible someone associated with another school fed Feinstein that rumor to keep wake out of coaches minds right now.

But that's me being ridic optimistic and if nothing happens by next Wednesday I am going to react like a Terp after the Alphonso pick 6 led meltdown...

The question really is whether the chatter in coaching circles is that Bzz is gone or not. I am not too worried about losing coaches if wellman is announcing this next week. Any coach that has options can wait to see whether our job opens up early next week. It's also possible someone associated with another school fed Feinstein that rumor to keep wake out of coaches minds right now.

But that's me being ridic optimistic and if nothing happens by next Wednesday I am going to react like a Terp after the Alphonso pick 6 led meltdown...

Well, that's certainly possible and in the face of how poorly this is being handled, almost likely by accident. If you are Ron Wellman and Bz is your man, then you owe him at least the dignity of committing to him publicly. Silence is the only unacceptable operating plan. It seems that the--gulp---best case scenario is that Ron is taking the position that the people who have generously provided for his comfortable lifestyle for the last 25 years will have to wait until his recital in the Indianapolis talent show is over, at which point he will rejoin the topic of Wake Forest athletics. Apparently he's on something of a sabbatical/professional walkabout; an entitlement he bestowed upon himself for all of his years of good service and for turning down other offers along the way. Okay, fine, but if I may ask a question: "Ron, if you refused to accept that attitude from Jim Grobe, why should Wake Forest accept it from you?"

In terms of the worst case scenario (*shudders*), Ron believes that Bz is the man but declines the opportunity to say so publicly. Let's not speak of this contingency again.

Last edited:
Any chance Bzz/Wellman are playing this like Gerorge Costanza did in the Seinfeld episode when that girl wanted to break up with him and he just avoided her for a month so she couldn't break up with him?

Well, that's certainly possible and in the face of how poorly this is being handled, almost likely by accident. If you are Ron Wellman and Bz is your man, then you owe him at least the dignity of committing to him publicly. Silence is the only unacceptable operating plan. It seems that the--gulp---best case scenario is that Ron is taking the position that the people who have generously provided for his comfortable lifestyle for the last 25 years will have to wait until his recital in the Indianapolis talent show is over, at which point he will rejoin the topic of Wake Forest athletics. Apparently he's on something of a sabbatical/professional walkabout; an entitlement he bestowed upon himself for all of his years of good service and for turning down other offers along the way. Okay, fine, but if I may ask a question: "Ron, if you refused to accept that attitude from Jim Grobe, why should Wake Forest accept it from you?"

In terms of the worst case scenario (*shudders*), Ron believes that Bz is the man but declines the opportunity to say so publicly. Let's not speak of this contingency again.

Excellent points. The way the situation has been handled is terrible. Further proof that Wellman is past his prime and needs to go. He's made this more about himself than the program (intentional or not). Now, if the general public is to believe Feinstein's story, two assistant coaches are out and Bzz is staying. What did the assistants do? More culture problems? Who knows, all we can do is speculate because the person in charge of our program is spending a significant amount of time on ancillary functions. I'm starting to feel bad for the assistants and staff; Wellman certainly has no problems letting them hang out in the wind.

Fwiw - Irish is way right on the PMs rant. And I get it. It does suck to hit up a thread for any new bzd be gone info only to find 30 posts in a row that beat a dead horse joke.

If I stood in front if a room and told a funny joke and you turned around and repeated it to someone that doesn't make you funny or clever. If you are still turning around and telling the same joke three years later and to a room full of folks telling the exact same fucking joke that just makes you a bit dim. In my book

Maybe you Buttheads who hate the PM joke should start your own board with no lame jokes and no private messaging feature.

Back