• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Rutgers- 7:00 Monday ESPN-U/ESPN3

Too much subbing for most of the game. Crazy lineups and no chemistry on the court. Manning is the polar opposite of Bobby Cremins. Must be using NBA minutes method.

Too much subbing for most of the game. Crazy lineups and no chemistry on the court. Manning is the polar opposite of Bobby Cremins. Must be using NBA minutes method.

Manning does the opposite of NBA rotational patterns

Anybody else feel that Manning coaches differently based on quality of opponent. Rutgers was terrible in the first half, and we should have been up by 20 with halfway decent play. In these situations, he seems to be kind of lackadaisical. Rutgers had empty possession after empty possession and meanwhile we were jacking up crappy shots and playing some pretty awful combinations of players. He just let them play on. The result is that you let a team hang around and hit a couple of shots, the momentum swings and we are down 12 to Rutgers. I just don't sense urgency in these games vs crappy teams.

This is how I feel as well. No sense of urgency. Team seemed totally unfocused most of the night.

This game reminds me of the game we won at Nebraska a few years back. Squeaked out a road win against a truly awful opponent. We'll take it, but tonight sure didn't bode well for the immediate future.

Manning rotations are way more wild when we have leads (or game is evenish) and when we are playing soft teams. For sure.

I think my strategy of being totally negative got us over the top. That said, Arkansas is going to pull our pants down Friday and have their way with us, Go Deacs!

This Arkansas team is not very good. We just have to be composed vs their pressure.

I know this much: when it gets late in the game, I feel like we will pull it out. That is not a feeling that I have had in recent years. That bodes well considering how relatively inexperienced our team is.

So we were down 12 late in the second half on the road and we come back to win? Sounds like a great thing for a young team still learning how to be winners. I'll take it.

So we were down 12 late in the second half on the road and we come back to win? Sounds like a great thing for a young team still learning how to be winners. I'll take it.

For real. Enjoy the win, folks.

[Redacted]'s team would have lost tonight's game by at least 20. We're far from perfect but at least entertaining to watch.

I know this much: when it gets late in the game, I feel like we will pull it out. That is not a feeling that I have had in recent years. That bodes well considering how relatively inexperienced our team is.

This. I never felt like we weren't going to pull this out.

the color commentator sounds like an idiot

He sounded more like Porky Pig. But Craig Robinson (Princeton graduate) is, indeed, the brother of Michelle Obama. His sidekick, Bob Picozzi, is a friggin' moron. In addition to calling Marcus Paige "Julius Paige," he (1) initially referred to John Collins as "J.D." Collins; (2) said that Rondale scored 14 against Vanderbilt, and (3) ... oh crap, I forgot. But (3) was ridiculous as well.

Back