• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Rutgers- 7:00 Monday ESPN-U/ESPN3

The NCAA talk has me chuckling. I would put the odds of our making the NCAAs at five percent or less. I'll be thrilled (and a bit surprised) if we make the NIT.

Next 3 games are only available on ESPN3. Ugh. It sucks being irrelevant.

Yeah and the Xavier game is on a Tuesday :/

Shit. The guys are going to be drained from their classes then, being that this is their toughest academic day and all. Might as well chalk this one up as an L.

Patience. CMM will be back shortly ... at which time both VanHorn's and McClinton's minutes will diminish subsdtantially.

DM said as much in his post game interview with Stan while not actually referring to specific players' minutes.

Crab really struggled. Crawford doesn't seem 100%. Need a rest this week and energized effort on Friday. Dudes need to be ready when the ball is coming. A fuck ton of our turnovers are just passes hitting our own guys in the hands.

Still a long way to go on defense..need to improve.

That being said. Takes.

TwentyONE;2292195[B said:
]Crab really struggled. [/B]Crawford doesn't seem 100%. Need a rest this week and energized effort on Friday. Dudes need to be ready when the ball is coming. A fuck ton of our turnovers are just passes hitting our own guys in the hands.

Still a long way to go on defense..need to improve.

That being said. Takes.

Yeah, I'm hoping hitting the game winner will get him going.

The NCAA talk has me chuckling. I would put the odds of our making the NCAAs at five percent or less. I'll be thrilled (and a bit surprised) if we make the NIT.

It's premature for sure, but I'd put our chances much higher than 5% (though still not very high). 9-3 OOC and 9-9 ACC would likely put us squarely on the bubble heading into the ACC tournament. Both of those are very doable, but I'm not sure I trust us to take care of business against teams worse than us (see last night) on a consistent enough basis to make both happen.

It's premature for sure, but I'd put our chances much higher than 5% (though still not very high). 9-3 OOC and 9-9 ACC would likely put us squarely on the bubble heading into the ACC tournament. Both of those are very doable, but I'm not sure I trust us to take care of business against teams worse than us (see last night) on a consistent enough basis to make both happen.

If we only lose one more non-con game I will be thrilled.

Something that is way underrated is Mitch's ability to take care of the ball. He played 37 minutes last night according to ESPN and had no turnovers. That's huge for us, especially with Crawford's up and down play in regards to turnovers.

If we lose more than two I will be livid. The Arkansas game worries me a little bit but I think we'll be fine. If Codi is close to full strength I'd put our chances at winning one of Xavier and LSU at a little less than 50%.

Mighty KP says .69/2 for Xavier/LSU.

Let's see. The Deacs play lifeless, lousy basketball for 31 minutes and are down by 12 points with nine minutes remaining. They hit a couple of three's, decide a little defense is required and manage to outscore Rutgers 23 - 10 over the final nine minutes to earn a 69 - 68 victory. On the road, at Rutgers. That puts them at 2 - 0 on the road and 2 - 1 on neutral courts. Maybe... just maybe...they are improved. Time will tell.

Last edited:
LSU aside from Simmons looks awful. We should win that game.

Back