• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake v Rutgers- 7:00 Monday ESPN-U/ESPN3

What the fuck are our player rotations? Why the fuck are VanHorn and Watson on the floor at the same time?

Patience. CMM will be back shortly ... at which time both VanHorn's and McClinton's minutes will diminish subsdtantially.

He sounded more like Porky Pig. But Craig Robinson (Princeton graduate) is, indeed, the brother of Michelle Obama. His sidekick, Bob Picozzi, is a friggin' moron. In addition to calling Marcus Paige "Julius Paige," he (1) initially referred to John Collins as "J.D." Collins; (2) said that Rondale scored 14 against Vanderbilt, and (3) ... oh crap, I forgot. But (3) was ridiculous as well.

He also talked for a bit about Rondale's awesome senior year in HS last year.

This is how I feel as well. No sense of urgency. Team seemed totally unfocused most of the night.

Agreed. It's like the team doesn't really care, especially on the defensive end, and then you look at Manning during those periods, and it looks like he doesn't care. I'm not saying Manning needs to act like a maniac 40 minutes a game, but it would be nice if the team had at least a little bit of intensity on the defensive end. And when the team is just going through the motions, it is up to the coach to get their asses going. I fully admit that all my viewing is on TV, so maybe I am missing some nuances on the sideline, but it just doesn't seem like Manning does much motivating, coaching, or teaching during games.

Rutgers is just hitting every ridiculous shot they're throwing up now

And that's the point to remember about this game. During the run during which they ran the lead up to 12, they made some ridiculous shots. Their performance over the final 11 minutes was far more representative of their level of talent.

That is a backbreaking play. What the fuck is Crawford doing? Why slow down.

He won't do that the next time he's in the same situation. He should have gone straight to the hole and taken the foul. Had he missed the shot, chances are he would have converted both FT's.

Fucking 4 pt swing and Dino's is slow as fuck. How he was beaten baseline that badly is embarrassing.

Dinos simply needs to come off the bench. He does get beaten baseline (and elsewhere) all too frequently.

We are NIT bound at best anyways. I agree with what you're saying though.

No, we're better than NIT bound. Stay positive. This team takes on a totally different dimension with the addition of CMM and fewer minutes for both McClinton and VanHorn.

No, we're better than NIT bound. Stay positive. This team takes on a totally different dimension with the addition of CMM and fewer minutes for both McClinton and VanHorn.

I'm bullish on this team, but the ACC schedule is brutal. NIT is a good result this season.

The return of CMM doesn't make us a better defensive team. We just have no intensity at all on the defensive end, consistently get beat off of the dribble at all 5 positions, and are terrible at playing pick and roll. As was the case last year, I just don't see us being able to stop teams with decent guards at the end of games.

Hope you're right. We need to go to the big dance in the worst kind of way.

Maui was a neutral court not a road game. Oddly we are 2-0 on the road.

I too am glad we won, but I can't pump up the victory, by saying it was a 'big 5 conference win', given that it barely sinks in that Rutgers is in the Big 10. I wasn't even sure why we were playing Rutgers, just thought it was some random OOC game. The announcers did have the classic stat for perspective: 270 Div I teams have been to the NCAA tourney since Rutgers went last.

DM clearly was not happy with the team after the game, with the exception of DT. Said they need to realize they are auditioning for PT and when CMM gets back they are determining who gets the minutes.

CMM can't shoot from outside.

I think he was speaking of when one of the announcers of last night's game asked the other how the return of CMM would help Thomas and he said that his return would bolster DT's performance because "his outside shooting will open up a lot down low for Thomas". I got a good laugh out of that personally.

I think my strategy of being totally negative got us over the top. That said, Arkansas is going to pull our pants down Friday and have their way with us, Go Deacs!

Arkansas is 2-3 with hard fought wins over Southern and Charleston Southern. Three losses to Gt, stanford, and a nobody this is not last year's Arkansas team they do not scare me at all.

Back