• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WaPo’s Kathleen Parker calls for VP Harris to step aside

TheReff

Rod Griffin
Reaction score
She says the Democratic strategy of courting and pandering to minority voters is the road to ruin. Joe Biden’s indulgence in to identity politics proved successful with his ‘history-making’ selection of Kamala D Harris but it might prove to be his downfall in 2024 (and she says he has had enough fall downs to make voters worry.). Even when she managed to imply Biden was racist and segregationist with the yellow school bus comment, it did not stop him from choosing her.

Parker says she was picked because she was “Black and female” but now she has “become a burden to the Democratic ticket.” The seriousness can’t be overstated. Biden’s diminished faculties and physical frailty is concerning. ‘Every honest person knows he’s not in top form’ and 73% of registered voters believe he is too old (New York Times poll)

Parker says “her performance as second in command has been disappointing.” 538 set her average approval rating at 37%, lowest ever recorded for a VP. “This is why I propose with all due respect that Harris step away from the ticket. Please Madam Vice-President, do it for your country.”

Did the article say anything about her laugh though?

(I'm surprised you didn't just stealth edit your other thread again)
She says the Democratic strategy of courting and pandering to minority voters is the road to ruin. Joe Biden’s indulgence in to identity politics proved successful with his ‘history-making’ selection of Kamala D Harris but it might prove to be his downfall in 2024 (and she says he has had enough fall downs to make voters worry.). Even when she managed to imply Biden was racist and segregationist with the yellow school bus comment, it did not stop him from choosing her.

Parker says she was picked because she was “Black and female” but now she has “become a burden to the Democratic ticket.” The seriousness can’t be overstated. Biden’s diminished faculties and physical frailty is concerning. ‘Every honest person knows he’s not in top form’ and 73% of registered voters believe he is too old (New York Times poll)

Parker says “her performance as second in command has been disappointing.” 538 set her average approval rating at 37%, lowest ever recorded for a VP. “This is why I propose with all due respect that Harris step away from the ticket. Please Madam Vice-President, do it for your country.”

Did the article say anything about her laugh though?

(I'm surprised you didn't just stealth edit your other thread again)
Funny you should mention it:
I do, however, relish the thought of her face-to-face with Vladimir Putin and suddenly cackling at a linchpin moment during nuclear arms discussions.
But yeah, this is a totally non-partisan, for the good of the country piece…

Something that 2016 taught me: no one gives a flying fuck what Kathleen Parker, Maureen Dowd, David Brooks, James Carville, etc have to say about anything. They don’t represent anyone. They don’t speak for any meaningful demographic. Their opinion is as worthless as a WV diner.

Is this one of those times (yet again) where reff reads an op-ed from a source he considers a far left rag and treats it as a factual reporting of the news?

Something that 2016 taught me: no one gives a flying fuck what Kathleen Parker, Maureen Dowd, David Brooks, James Carville, etc have to say about anything. They don’t represent anyone. They don’t speak for any meaningful demographic. Their opinion is as worthless as a WV diner.
Very well said. If they ever spoke for a meaningful portion of the population, they don't anymore. More often than note, the WaPo/NYT/LAT op-ed pages are political dinosaurs naval gazing than constructive discourse.

Kamala Harris is not a positive for the ticket. I personally do not have an issue with her but retail politics is important and she simply does not connect with the great majority of the voting population. She seems contrived and somewhat shoved down our throats like some bad tasting medicine that is supposed to be good for you. She simply doesn't have the IT factor that makes people want to get behind her. The Democratic Party has a terrible messaging problem.

This is like watching a slow moving oncoming train wreck.

Kamala Harris is not a positive for the ticket. I personally do not have an issue with her but retail politics is important and she simply does not connect with the great majority of the voting population. She seems contrived and somewhat shoved down our throats like some bad tasting medicine that is supposed to be good for you. She simply doesn't have the IT factor that makes people want to get behind her. The Democratic Party has a terrible messaging problem.

This is like watching a slow moving oncoming train wreck.
Does anyone ever give a shit about the VP? I guess with Biden’s age it could be an issue, but I can’t imagine anyone basing their vote on Biden’s VP choice. This seems like something opinion columns want to write about for clicks.

By “contrived and shoved down our throats” what are you insinuating? That she was a random nobody added just to check boxes?

She was a competitor in the 2020 primary win by Biden and she was a senator. Was that not a sufficient resume?

Certainly no more “contrived and shoved down our throats” than Mike Pence, plucked off the scrap heap in order to check the religion box and pretend mister “two corinthians” gave a shit about Christianity.

Idk even what to say about the vp “it factor” other than who gives a shit

Does anyone ever give a shit about the VP? I guess with Biden’s age it could be an issue, but I can’t imagine anyone basing their vote on Biden’s VP choice. This seems like something opinion columns want to write about for clicks.

Sure, if they absolutely suck like she does.

Why does she suck?

And, here are the VPs of my lifetime:

Harris
Pence
Biden
Cheney
Gore
Quayle
Bush
Mondale

How would her accomplishments/detriments/etc. measure up to these illustrious individuals?

Last edited:
Back