• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WaPo’s Kathleen Parker calls for VP Harris to step aside

Because she's stiff and does nothing obvious to add to the Biden presidency from a likability standpoint and i have a hard time believing she's involved in any decision making capacity. Say what you want about Dick Cheney, but you knew that he was fucking important. Biden was out in front on a lot of stuff. Same for Gore.

Is there something about her you actually find likeable ? Do you think she's doing a great job ?

Biff, honest question. Do you seek out information about Kamala Harris?

I heard a podcast discuss a focus group of Dem leaning voters in Philly. One lady started railing on about Harris much like you all are. She said something like, "She doesn't do anything. You never hear about her." Another woman said, "She was here in Philly yesterday."

Very well said. If they ever spoke for a meaningful portion of the population, they don't anymore. More often than note, the WaPo/NYT/LAT op-ed pages are political dinosaurs naval gazing than constructive discourse.

They are relics of a time when those op ed pages were a primary source of news for a significant number of people. Now everyone with a keyboard can get an audience.

Biff, honest question. Do you seek out information about Kamala Harris?

I heard a podcast discuss a focus group of Dem leaning voters in Philly. One lady started railing on about Harris much like you all are. She said something like, "She doesn't do anything. You never hear about her." Another woman said, "She was here in Philly yesterday."
She was in Durham two weeks ago. I don’t think Harris has the charisma to be an effective presidential CANDIDATE, but to act like she’s a moron or an ineffective government official considering her education and experience is dumb.

I would estimate that 80% of the population gives no shits about qualifications etc. at this point. The populist swell is real and coming from both ends of the political spectrum. Kamala Harris does not connect. Has she ever won a competitive election?

Yes VP is important more this year than ever before because of Biden's age.

No sense putting her out front and center until we know who the GOP veep nominee is. Then use her to contrast whomever the other nominee is.

scary times. The electorate is not properly informed, and is being subjected to an enormous amount of disinformation.

scary times. The electorate is not properly informed, and is being subjected to an enormous amount of disinformation.

And you think a folksy Democratic VP will just cut right through that to the imaginary undecided voters of this election?

And you think a folksy Democratic VP will just cut right through that to the imaginary undecided voters of this election?
well, we do know that she does not connect so maybe.

Also I do feel there are a lot of undecided voters that voted Trump then Biden. Probably a material amount considering the bleeding that is supposedly happening in English is a 2nd language cohort. The Law and Order pitch is landing whether merited or not.

Yeah, if you put the attempted coup, the fraud, the espionage act violations, and the sexual assault aside, etc., Trump is way better for law and order than the former Attorney General of the state of California.

It’s always nice to see a new player step up to the plate and introduce the same topic talked about 3 months prior, and 3 months before that, and before that with nothing new or substantial to add. I look forward to next month where we will debate replacing Biden as the Dem nominee once again.

Yeah, if you put the attempted coup, the fraud, the espionage act violations, and the sexual assault aside, etc., Trump is way better for law and order than the former Attorney General of the state of California.
If you are working class person commuting in say Philadelphia and you are very concerned about crime and tired of stepping around homeless people's shit - so yea. I believe this is a problem. Trump most likely is going to be President again. There are reasons why so many otherwise well meaning people are going to vote for the fraudster over the former AG of California.

Who remembers the Dynamo that was Tim Kaine? He really spoke to the micro managing policy wonk demographic that the Democratic Party needed in 2016. The type of guy that had the appeal one can only find in a plate of mashed potatoes. On the other hand, the history making first female and minority vice president who speaks to not only African American voters but also south Asian Americans may not have the broad appeal of another old white career politician, which is why I’m grateful it’s not Trump vs Harris but Trump vs Biden.

I can only imagine the crème de la crème that Trump will pick knowing he is one Big Mac away from cardiac arrest. Maybe the my pillow guy will be his vice president?

If you are working class person commuting in say Philadelphia and you are very concerned about crime and tired of stepping around homeless people's shit - so yea. I believe this is a problem. Trump most likely is going to be President again. There are reasons why so many otherwise well meaning people are going to vote for the fraudster over the former AG of California.

And your argument is that a more relatable VP candidate will sway that blue collar guy from Philly?

And your argument is that a more relatable VP candidate will sway that blue collar guy from Philly?
Isn’t a major part of Biden’s personal story that he grew up in working class Scranton?

At some point we have to conclude that people are just looking for excuses to vote for Trump and are not truly concerned about the VPs likability.

We need Aaron Burr.

Should we rank the top 10 vice presidents of all time? Can anyone name more than 10 without looking it up?

(Even if you list them out, I won’t believe you did it without cheating)

Who remembers the Dynamo that was Tim Kaine? He really spoke to the micro managing policy wonk demographic that the Democratic Party needed in 2016. The type of guy that had the appeal one can only find in a plate of mashed potatoes. On the other hand, the history making first female and minority vice president who speaks to not only African American voters but also south Asian Americans may not have the broad appeal of another old white career politician, which is why I’m grateful it’s not Trump vs Harris but Trump vs Biden.

I can only imagine the crème de la crème that Trump will pick knowing he is one Big Mac away from cardiac arrest. Maybe the my pillow guy will be his vice president?
Hopefully he picks Allan Keyes!

Back