• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman to retire?

I believe there is truth to Wellman retiring soon, but I have been led to believe the timeline is more like 24 months than at the end of this season.

Hatch is getting up there in years too. He's 68 now. I suspect we'll see Wellman go, and then Hatch next.

Damn, that long?

Wellman and Bz are both coming back. Why did I waste all that time on the coaching search threads.

I have no real source for this, but a close friend of my family's, who's a wake alum with ties to board members, said the word going around is Wellman is set to retire from Wake and Bzzz is going with him.

This could be completely bogus, but I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything like this. She seemed pretty confident about it. I asked her when this would happen and she did not know exactly.

talladega-nights-baby-jesus-photo.jpg

I believe there is truth to Wellman retiring soon, but I have been led to believe the timeline is more like 24 months than at the end of this season.

Have also heard this. Not sure how it makes me feel in regard to Bz situation.

Well, she's pretty well connected to both Wake and the Winston community at large and has generally known things in the past before they happened.

I don't know if I believe it, but Wellman has been around for a long time, so maybe there is merit to this.

Isn't this ^^^^^ the poster whose avatar was his ex gf from like 5 years past?

Hatch is getting up there in years too. He's 68 now. I suspect we'll see Wellman go, and then Hatch next.

That would be amazing to hit that trifecta of retirements/firings in a 12-24 month period.

my uninformed guess is that Wellman announces his retirement effective May 2015 in November.

i fully expect wellman to make the the next basketball hire and help choose his successor; he wants his fingerprints on both. And don't forget, Hatch is getting up there in age as well...

much truth here ...

even more truth here ...

Wellman doesn't deserve a cushy retirement, but he will never be outright fired so this is the best we can hope for

Do those of you in the know expect Mike Buddie to succeed Wellman? If so, do you like that plan? It sounds like he did an excellent job helping to land Clawson.

Back