• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman weighs in

doggystyle.gif

OK, As a consistent lurker, I have come to be a fan of many of your gif post. but jesus H Christ dude!?! COME ON!

"Ron Wellman said Tuesday that he thinks the team is a win away from getting its issues in order."

What kind of crack is this guy on?

"Ron Wellman said Tuesday that he thinks the team is a win away from getting its issues in order."

What kind of crack is this guy on?

Oh I think the man's ego and false sense of reality is a much more powerful substance than crack.

Paul (Winston-Salem, NC)

After a couple of down years and a 1-2 start against the softest part of the schedule, is Jim Grobe starting to feel some heat at Wake Forest?
Ivan Maisel (12:55 PM)

I have not heard anything. I have wondered at what point Wake would decide Jim Grobe is not winning enough. He remains one of the most respected head coaches in the game. I don't know how anybody at Wake who witnessed the Deacs in the Orange Bowl would have the guts to say that Jim Grobe shouldn't be the coach at Wake any more. To answer your question, I don't know. But I watch with fascination.

Very good article by Hardin with some surprisingly good analysis.

"Wake has a senior quarterback, Tanner Price, a four-year starter who has a slew of seniors around him. If ever the Deacons were going to be able to play the kind of football Grobe wants his program to play, this should’ve been that year. But we’ve seen this before. Grobe has been known to scrap entire summers, going from spread option football to a power-I in one week. If the Deacs had an open date this week, you could see Grobe and his staff going into seclusion for a couple of days and coming out with a new twist on the season. But with a trip to Army looming and a parade-ground Wishbone to prepare for, this isn’t the week for grand changes."

"Presbyterian showed how to stop Wake by playing man-to-man defense with a deep free safety and run-stopping strong safety stringing out the option. It was an “uh-oh” moment when the Deacons coaches realized their small and fast wide receivers couldn’t block strong safeties and linebackers.

So little Wake Forest has a problem. It’s not a public-relations problem. It’s not a basketball problem. It’s not a fan-base problem.

It’s an inside-football problem. Those are a coach’s biggest nightmare.

Wake Forest will deal with the big picture as it comes. Right now, the Deacs are dealing with deep issues within."

Send the TE on a seam route, and bye-bye strong safety in the box. Grobe doesn't know what a TE is.

Paul (Winston-Salem, NC)

After a couple of down years and a 1-2 start against the softest part of the schedule, is Jim Grobe starting to feel some heat at Wake Forest?
Ivan Maisel (12:55 PM)

I have not heard anything. I have wondered at what point Wake would decide Jim Grobe is not winning enough. He remains one of the most respected head coaches in the game. I don't know how anybody at Wake who witnessed the Deacs in the Orange Bowl would have the guts to say that Jim Grobe shouldn't be the coach at Wake any more. To answer your question, I don't know. But I watch with fascination.

m2f8czb

The sports are so dismal that if it wasn't for OGBoards, I'd have zero connection to MSD right now (as I'm frustrated by other moves made by Hatch, et al).

So thanks OGBoards! :thumbsup:

The sports are so dismal that if it wasn't for OGBoards, I'd have zero connection to MSD right now (as I'm frustrated by other moves made by Hatch, et al).

So thanks OGBoards! :thumbsup:

It really is great therapy to be able to come on here and whine and moan about things with fellow Deac fans. Otherwise we wouldn't have much of a sounding board.

Send the TE on a seam route, and bye-bye strong safety in the box. Grobe doesn't know what a TE is.

Football can be a very easy game. I am convinced a high school coach from W-S could come in and get the team moving the ball on offense.

Football can be a very easy game. I am convinced a high school coach from W-S could come in and get the team moving the ball on offense.

This. I've always thought Lobo's "overthinking" has screwed us. He tries to prove he is the smartest guy in the room instead of doing what works and plays to our strengths.

This. I've always thought Lobo's "overthinking" has screwed us. He tries to prove he is the smartest guy in the room instead of doing what works and plays to our strengths.

I stayed up and watched the ASU-Wisconsin game the other night and I swear Arizona State ran the exact same back shoulder pass to the WR for an entire half. Was fascinating watching one team tell another that they were going to run the same play over and over again until the other team showed they could stop it.

It really is great therapy to be able to come on here and whine and moan about things with fellow Deac fans. Otherwise we wouldn't have much of a sounding board.

Yep. Thanks to this board, when my wife asks, "How is Wake doing?" I can simply say, "bad" without going on a rant.

I stayed up and watched the ASU-Wisconsin game the other night and I swear Arizona State ran the exact same back shoulder pass to the WR for an entire half. Was fascinating watching one team tell another that they were going to run the same play over and over again until the other team showed they could stop it.

That's exactly what teams do to us. We give a 7 yard cushion to the wideout and the QB just winds up an hits him for a 5+ yard gain, over and over.

Back