• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

Like it it not guys, we are going to at least interview some candidates that are not big time names. Amaker is one of those candidates.

Like it it not guys, we are going to at least interview some candidates that are not big time names. Amaker is one of those candidates.

Well, he's not dog shit. So, we've got that going for us. But if he is the hire we better keep that OOC schedule rocking.

Amaker is a very big time coach and I would love to have him!!!!

Big time how? Like big time bust when he had his previous shots at the big time?

Big time bust? If his time at Seton Hall was a "big time bust," then how did he end up with the Michigan job?

A lot of politicking from Dickie V and the other Duke-centric media.

well didnt he go see enfield last year? we saw how that turned out

If Michigan was on probation or on the way there when they were looking to hire, it's reasonable to think they may not get as attractive a candidate as they might otherwise. So the "well Michigan hired him so he must be good" argument might not hold water here.

If Michigan was on probation or on the way there when they were looking to hire, it's reasonable to think they may not get as attractive a candidate as they might otherwise. So the "well Michigan hired him so he must be good" argument might not hold water here.

On the other hand, how easy is it to recruit and maintain success at a program under post-season bans?

Mike Brey absolutely sucks as a coach.

Funny! .655 career winning pct.....only 2 losing seasons out of 13 in the BE - arguably the best conference the past 10-12 yrs in college basketball.

Yeah, he sucks.....:bowrofl:

OK, he did lose 2X this season to Bzz but that's only 2 games....,.

I'm beginning to think it will be Amaker. It just seems like the kind of hire RW would make. He is a known name, fits the culture BS and is almost certainly cheaper than Smart. The blue hairs will eat it up. RW is probably close to retirement, so he'll look good to most in his last major hire, but won't be around if Amaker doesn't work out.

I'm beginning to think it will be Amaker. It just seems like the kind of hire RW would make. He is a known name, fits the culture BS and is almost certainly cheaper than Smart. The blue hairs will eat it up. RW is probably close to retirement, so he'll look good to most in his last major hire, but won't be around if Amaker doesn't work out.

LOWF hire. Good guy from Hahvahd matters more than winning basketball games. Small time.

If we hire any of the Dukies, I'll always wonder if they're all-in for MSD over Coach K, especially on the recruiting trail.

Back