• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman

I'm not pushing Amaker, but just providing facts.

Seton Hall 68-55(overall) 32-36 (conf)
Michigan 108-84 43-53
Harvard 139-70 67-31

315-209 (career)

Great numbers, no. But he still had winning records at each stop. The question with Amaker clearly is was his performance at Seton Hall and Michigan indicative of what would happen if he gets a shot at another major, or does Harvard represent what he has learned over the years and we should discount his first trip around the majors.

I'm not pushing Amaker, but just providing facts.

Seton Hall 68-55(overall) 32-36 (conf)
Michigan 108-84 43-53
Harvard 139-70 67-31

315-209 (career)

Great numbers, no. But he still had winning records at each stop. The question with Amaker clearly is was his performance at Seton Hall and Michigan indicative of what would happen if he gets a shot at another major, or does Harvard represent what he has learned over the years and we should discount his first trip around the majors.

Uh losing conference records at SH and UM? Pass.

He also entered the season preseason top 10 in his last year at Seton Hall and finished 16-15. That was one of the most dysfunctional teams in recent memory.

Uh losing conference records at SH and UM? Pass.

At least its full disclosure.

It all comes down to whether you believe his first two stops are what he will do in the future or if Harvard represents what he will do at this next job.

Then next question becomes is he the next 'King Rice' for Wake. :)

Posted this in the Barnes thread: Ok guys...this is third hand but here goes. Marshall says if Barnes goes to Wake he is going to Texas. I believe the source, just not sure if Marshall knows any inside info regarding Barnes potential to Wake.

Reason for move to TX is AAU situation there.

As I write this they are undefeated and are beating KY so seems odd he would leave WS for there but I'm not a sage on the AAU/recruiting influence in college bkb.

Edited to add: He's free now but not interested because our AAU situation isn't what he needs??? I don't understand all that. Just relaying what he said.

Last edited:
LOWF hire. Good guy from Hahvahd matters more than winning basketball games. Small time.

Absolutely, but remember we're talking Wellman and his inner circle of big donors. It's a safe hire in the short run - heat is off RW's back and he rides into the sunset as a legend in his own mind.

Form over substance.

Last edited:
I think Marshall is ripe for the picking. Just maybe not to Wake. He is losing a lot of players and the iron is hot.

At least its full disclosure.

It all comes down to whether you believe his first two stops are what he will do in the future or if Harvard represents what he will do at this next job.

Then next question becomes is he the next 'King Rice' for Wake. :)

Not a risk worth taking, IMO.

I think Marshall is ripe for the picking. Just maybe not to Wake. He is losing a lot of players and the iron is hot.

I think he'll go somewhere but he probly expects a marquee job. None open. Either come to Wake and make it one or wait it out and hope your stock remains high.

Posted this in the Barnes thread: Ok guys...this is third hand but here goes. Marshall says if Barnes goes to Wake he is going to Texas. I believe the source, just not sure if Marshall knows any inside info regarding Barnes potential to Wake.

As I write this they are undefeated and are beating KY so seems odd he would leave WS for there but I'm not a sage on the AAU/recruiting influence in college bkb.

Edited to add: He's free now but not interested because our AAU situation isn't what he needs??? I don't understand all that. Just relaying what he said.

I can easily see Marshall going to UT if Barnes leaves.....$$$ will def be no object!

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Texas AD forces Barnes out and hires Marshall. They just did it with the far more popular Mack Brown and I think Marshall would be easily in the bag for them if they did that.

I doubt that Marshall said that. Nothing about Rick Barnes and Wake was mentioned until the last 48 hours or so. I'm sure that Marshall was spending that time preparing to coach his team, not speculating on potential job changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Texas AD forces Barnes out and hires Marshall. They just did it with the far more popular Mack Brown and I think Marshall would be easily in the bag for them if they did that.

This makes sense.

The coaching world is your oyster R W !

LET'S GET THIS DONE AND CHOOSE WISELY!:D

Back