• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

Last October we sold our house on Skaneateles Lake, about a half hour south of Syracuse. So prior to that we had to go to Syracuse often to shop, pick up folks at the airport, etc. It's a freaking hell-hole and cold as all get-out in the winter. Yes, there are a few nice sections but that city is on its way out, the only question being how long it takes. Upstate NY is a mess, as the state government is as corrupt as it gets and has the worst business environment of any state, except maybe California. Now that people are fleeing NYC in droves things will get worse quickly. It's sad, as my parents, my sister and I were all born in NY when the state was thriving. But decades of corrupt government have bled the state dry. Now upstate is just dairy farms and meth labs. No Xerox, no Kodak, no GE, no anything except people who don't have the smarts or wherewithal to get out. The rest of us have decamped for South Carolina or some other decent place.

Actually He was kind of right. Look at metro population in your same links. Only 137k difference. Greensboro is bigger but only by about 20%.

I was talking about the growth rates. Though I did see that Syracuse grew in 2020 for the first time in 70 years, so trends could be changing.

Last October we sold our house on Skaneateles Lake, about a half hour south of Syracuse. So prior to that we had to go to Syracuse often to shop, pick up folks at the airport, etc. It's a freaking hell-hole and cold as all get-out in the winter. Yes, there are a few nice sections but that city is on its way out, the only question being how long it takes. Upstate NY is a mess, as the state government is as corrupt as it gets and has the worst business environment of any state, except maybe California. Now that people are fleeing NYC in droves things will get worse quickly. It's sad, as my parents, my sister and I were all born in NY when the state was thriving. But decades of corrupt government have bled the state dry. Now upstate is just dairy farms and meth labs. No Xerox, no Kodak, no GE, no anything except people who don't have the smarts or wherewithal to get out. The rest of us have decamped for South Carolina or some other decent place.

I assume from your post you mean SC is not a decent place, which is correct

You sold on a house on one of the most beautiful lakes in the country to move to South Carolina? Holy hell. And you say in your post that we’re the ones without “the smarts”. Yikes. Good luck with that move. Hahahaa. Jk. I love skan and still have family there

Cuse is a trendy pick this week, even without Kevin Lemieux on the roster. Carrier Dome is a weird place, and Cuse’s D is decent, but if Wake wants to be taken seriously they need to show it this weekend.

I mean, I'm all for ripping on Syracuse but Skaneateles Lake is charming as hell. Upgrading to... South Carolina? Holy smoking hot take right there...

You sold on a house on one of the most beautiful lakes in the country to move to South Carolina? Holy hell. And you say in your post that we’re the ones without “the smarts”. Yikes. Good luck with that move. Hahahaa. Jk. I love skan and still have family there

We already had the SC house, and used the proceeds from the lake house to buy a house in the mountains above Banner Elk, NC, for a place to spend the summers, when Beaufort is hot as hell. I had no problem with Skaneateles, but getting from there to Beaufort was a 16 hour drive. I'm old, so that was getting to be a bit much. You are correct, the lake is gorgeous, and we had a great time there and loved boating out on the lake, but that has nothing to do with Syracuse.

I mean, I'm all for ripping on Syracuse but Skaneateles Lake is charming as hell. Upgrading to... South Carolina? Holy smoking hot take right there...

Amen Deac. I’m all for moving out of the city of Syracuse, but the finger lakes are heaven on earth. Especially Skaneateles.

We already had the SC house, and used the proceeds from the lake house to buy a house in the mountains above Banner Elk, NC, for a place to spend the summers, when Beaufort is hot as hell. I had no problem with Skaneateles, but getting from there to Beaufort was a 16 hour drive. I'm old, so that was getting to be a bit much. You are correct, the lake is gorgeous, and we had a great time there and loved boating out on the lake, but that has nothing to do with Syracuse.

Wow. Sounds nice. Good luck with everything.

Us being ranked, favored, and still counted out by many in the media is the perfect storm of awesomeness.

I am glad I am not the only one who reacted negatively to this.

I would also like to note that I really enjoy the cartoonish, angry orange in cusejuice's pic. It's kind of like if the Orange Bowl decided to create a special Instagram profile picture for Halloween.

Can we all agree Syracuse is cold as fuck in the winter and if you can get the helll out of that and make your nut it's a good thing.

Can we all agree Syracuse is cold as fuck in the winter and if you can get the helll out of that and make your nut it's a good thing.

I will give you the awful winter take. But everytime I visit some place I can’t wait to get back to CNY. Might be a mental problem. Haha

Back