• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

awesome -- that's already nine deacs in the top 10 rounds.

KC took three high schoolers early and now is loading up on seniors so wouldn't be surprised if JJ's bonus is underslot.
Just saw that KC signed their #1 pick (LSU commit) for like $1 million under slot. Would hope that means JJ at least gets his slot. But guess you never know what games and deals have been made with other guys in the various rounds.

Anyone know if there is 1 place to follow signing status? I have only found some team based statuses here and there.

Just saw that KC signed their #1 pick (LSU commit) for like $1 million under slot. Would hope that means JJ at least gets his slot. But guess you never know what games and deals have been made with other guys in the various rounds.

Anyone know if there is 1 place to follow signing status? I have only found some team based statuses here and there.

I could be wrong but MLB draft tracker may have that

I could be wrong but MLB draft tracker may have that
Thanks. Looks like they are only updating some. Searching on Wake it says Lowder is only player to sign (surprisingly under slot) but thought we saw something a couple of days ago from Angels that Minacci signed too.

Edited….if you go into the Angels specific tracker it mentions Minacci. But not in the overview of all players.

Last edited:
Someone is going to have to shell out a few hundred grand for Montgomery and I do not believe it will be us.
That would be a shame. While it seems like a lot of money, there’s an opportunity to establish ourselves as an elite program here. Something that is easier done than in basketball and football.

Wake needs make as much noise as it can on the national stage in as much as it can for the next decade.

Appears the only way to get latest is the team ones….what I see so far.

(7): Rhett Lowder, RHP, Wake Forest
Pick value: $6,275,200
Signing bonus: $5,700,000

Lowder signed for nearly $600,000 under his slot value on July 14. He just finished his junior year at Wake Forest, where he set single-season records for wins (15) and strikeouts (143). His 15 wins were the most in Division I, while the 143 strikeouts were fourth most. Lowder also had a 1.83 ERA and a 6.0 strikeout-to-walk ratio (143 K, 24 BB) in 120 1/3 innings.

3 (92): Teddy McGraw, RHP, Wake Forest -- $600,000 (Pick value $736,400)
The 21-year-old was another under-slot sign. He continues to recover from his second Tommy John surgery, which he underwent earlier this year, just before his junior season.

6 (170): Bennett Lee, C, Wake Forest -- (Pick value: $342,400)
Has signed; terms not disclosed yet

6 (174): Camden Minacci, RHP, Wake Forest -- $328,500 (Pick value: $331,000)
Minacci, considered one of the best closers in college baseball in 2023, signed for nearly the full recommended value of his pick

Is really interesting to see the wild mix of over and under deals….Deacs got him pretty good the game I was at….finishes 5-8 on the year with almost a 6 ERA and gets 600k over as a Sophomore…

2 (59): Drue Hackenberg, RHP, Virginia Tech -- $1,997,500 (Pick value: $1,369,300)
Hackenberg is a Draft-eligible sophomore who throws lot of strikes with a low-90s fastball and low-80s slider. He has an athletic family, with brothers who were drafted by MLB, NFL and MLS teams.

Last edited:
Maryland pitcher, David Falco Jr., transfers in to WF. Reliever with decent numbers. Seems to have been the closer and best reliever for the Terps. Season highlight was definitely 8 scoreless IP throughout the Big 10 Tourney with only 3 hits allowed: https://umterps.com/sports/baseball/roster/david-falco-jr-/12037
Picking up Falco is a good pickup. We were talking about him being the scariest part of the Terps pen in the Regional as well. Let's get him in the Lab...could easily fit that slot Minacci had this season.

Back