• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

getting falco is huge, sounds like we beat out some big name sec programs (uf and the cocks) to land him. obviously would imagine the muscara angle helped. workhouse out of the pen and he looks like a cool dude too.

getting another arm (i think levi huesman from ccu still makes sense, no sauces) would be nice but worst case i think we’d be okay in the pen with what we’ve got. we have wade, ariola, leffew (top ranked recruit), plus johnston and gervase as lefty arms.

even if nobody breaks out, falco, roland, wade isn’t as good of a backend trio as minacci, massey, roland, but it’s pretty good.

replacing keeners place in the bulk role is gonna be tougher, that’s where another transfer like sullivan or massey (true frosh starters) would help and why i keep bringing up huesman.

but while it’s hard to predict what you will get from freshmen, given how highly touted the arms are (leffew, morningstar, shawn, koshy in particular) you’ve gotta assume one or two will be ready to contribute.

Last edited:
Damn, I was getting psyched about Donay. The vibes, they are a tricky mistress.

was there ever any actual reason to think donay was acruelly a possibility? or did walter just mention at some point we need another catcher and we gravitated to donay because he’s really good and vibes are high?

when you step back it didn’t really make sense given we already brought in a catcher who isn’t as good as donay but was fairly highly touted and is apparently good behind the plate.

obviously if we could land someone like him despite that it would be dope, but from what i can tell the only sauce was him following our ig account (among tons of other programs he also follows)

Pretty crazy to think Katz is a projected 3rd round pick and he's hasn't played a significant role for us since he's been here. Would be really nice to be able to plug him into a corner outfield spot, and have him step up to be a + hitter.

where did you see katz as a 3rd round pick? i think he will get his chance to shine next season but that sounds a bit crazy.

Someone was saying that around here at some point.

Ah okay, I found it: https://futurestarsseries.com/mlb-draft-2024-the-top-200-college-prospects-jac-caglianone/

Katz is ranked 142nd here. I would bet a lot of money that ranking was from someone who had one day to put together a 2024 draft prospects list last summer and after spending some time on the top few dozen, just sorted all true freshmen by OPS, saw Chris Katz was at .906 and was a top 500 recruit by PG and slotted them in somewhere using their HS scouting reports. The blurb on Katz talks a lot about his catching ability (he has never appeared behind the plate for us).

Danny Corona is also listed as 160th and his scouting blurb includes this line "he plays a solid shortstop and makes plenty of contact with sneaky thump."

I don't think I would put any value on that list past the first ten, we're starting to see people put out their top 10s, we'll probably get more credible draft rankings for 2024 this fall.

Ah okay, I found it: https://futurestarsseries.com/mlb-draft-2024-the-top-200-college-prospects-jac-caglianone/

Katz is ranked 142nd here. I would bet a lot of money that ranking was from someone who had one day to put together a 2024 draft prospects list last summer and after spending some time on the top few dozen, just sorted all true freshmen by OPS, saw Chris Katz was at .906 and was a top 500 recruit by PG and slotted them in somewhere using their HS scouting reports. The blurb on Katz talks a lot about his catching ability (he has never appeared behind the plate for us).

Danny Corona is also listed as 160th and his scouting blurb includes this line "he plays a solid shortstop and makes plenty of contact with sneaky thump."

I don't think I would put any value on that list past the first ten.
I'm just glad I haven't gone full on crazy

Back