• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

UVA beat Cal 4-0. OU beat UGA 4-3, and as bmoney wrote, there were several very close matches. This will be a rematch of the championship from last year, which UVA won. It's interesting to note that both UVA and OU added players back to their line-up for the NCAA tournament, which made their teams even stronger. OU add Harris at 1 singles and UVA added Ritschard at 4 singles. Conversely, Wake and UNC essentially lost their #4 players (Bogaerts played but was essentially a guaranteed loss secondary to his knee injury, and Kelly didn't play for UNC), which made them a fair amount weaker in the NCAA tourney.

Is the UVA/OU match tonight televised?

It will be streamed here, I think with commentary http://www.ncaa.com/live/player?vid=2016/2671&date=2016/05/24

The singles draw is out. Mansouri is a 9-16 seed and plays Rinderknech, the #1 for A&M. Petros is unseeded and plays Lenz from Baylor, who is seeded 9-16. Lenz has been one of the better players in college tennis for the past 4 years, though this year he was not as dominant as previous years. The singles matches start tomorrow.

In doubles, Mansour/Seraphim play a team from Arkansas, and neither team is seeded. Play starts Thursday.

Dubs point will be big tonight, primarily for momentum. If I remember correctly, both teams have won the dubs point in both of their matches in Tulsa so it will be a mental shift for someone tonight.

Shane vs. Harris - Should be a great match that could go either way
Colin vs. Axel - Another great match between two future pros.
TSK vs. Papa - UVA should be favored here
Alex R. vs Alex G. - Toss up, depending on how Ghilea feels physically. Ritschard won in 3 in March, 2015
JC vs. Bragusi - Toss up. Bragusi won in 3 last March, and was up early in a 3rd last May.
Henrik vs. Biro - I like Henrik here. He's as good a 6 as there is.

I think UVA takes it 4-2, but could easily go the other way.

Wake Tennis Summer Update:

Last week:
Keivon Tabrizi won 3 qualies matches last week and then beat former TCU #1 Nick Chappel in the 1st rd, before losing in the 2nd round of a futures tourney in Israel
Alex Lazarov got a main draw WC in Bulgaria and made it all the way to the semis before losing to the top seed.

This week:
Keivon again won 3 qualies matches, but lost 1st round main draw this morning in Israel
Alan Gadjiev won 2 qualies matches in a futures in Uzbekistan and will play 1st round main draw tomorrow
Alex Lazarov received a SE into the main draw this week in Bulgaria and won his 1st round match over a top 500 player, who he beat last week as well.

Looks like Lazarov can more than step in for Ho/Bogaerts. If we keep Skander and Petros, we will be damn good next year I think

WF Tennis (Wake vs Oklahoma Friday at 8 PM)

UVA won pretty easily, 4-1. They won dubs and then 3, 5, and 6 singles. They were up 5-2 in the third set at 4 singles too. They lost at 1.

Last edited:
Gajiev lost 1st round main draw in Usbekistan yesterday 1 and 6.

Lazarov will play main draw 2nd round in Bulgaria tomorrow

Next week
Gadjiev is an alternate in Uzbekistan
Tabrizi is in qualies in Turkey
Lazarov is in qualies in Bulgaria unless he can get the SE again

When is the NCAA Individual Singles and Doubles Championships and how many players does WF have in those fields?

When is the NCAA Individual Singles and Doubles Championships and how many players does WF have in those fields?

It starts today. Petros plays at 12:30 and Mansouri at 1:30. Doubles starts tomorrow. On the women's side, Guerin starts singles play today at 5:00.

Petros won the first set tiebreak 11-9. Mansouri is down 1-4 in the first set.

Petros just won a great battle against Lenz, 7-6 (9), 7-6 (4). In the second set Lenz had 3 points on serve to win the set, but Petros won all 3. Mansouri is up 2-0 in the third set in his match.

Nice to see Petros bounce back after sucking against OU.

Looks like Skandar's opponent just retired.

Something just happened in Mansouri's match. It's hard to tell because there is no sound, but it was deuce point with his opponent serving. Mansouri hit a shot that looked to be on the line. His opponent called it out and was over ruled. His opponent then went nuts and threw his towel and something else at the chair ump. The match then ended, with Mansouri up 3-0 in the third. I guess the guy got defaulted.

Oh wow, I turned it on right after the meltdown when the guy was sitting there and just assumed he was hurt.

Something just happened in Mansouri's match. It's hard to tell because there is no sound, but it was deuce point with his opponent serving. Mansouri hit a shot that looked to be on the line. His opponent called it out and was over ruled. His opponent then went nuts and threw his towel and something else at the chair ump. The match then ended, with Mansouri up 3-0 in the third. I guess the guy got defaulted.

Ha ha ha - what a loser (literally and figuratively). I am going to have to look this chump up.

Back