• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Massive match tonight and I think the Deacs have a chance. We went 5-2 with them in Norman last year with a worse team - Bogaerts had a huge win over their top guy who was ranked #2 in the country at the time.

Tough loss for the Deacs but pretty competitive with the #2 team in the country. We will be in the mix to win the ACC for sure

Winning the ACC is a stretch I think, Virginia is probably too good and UNC is stacked as well. We will however be in the mix to host the first round of the NCAA tournament, which we've only done once before.

Agreed that UVA is very good - probably the best team in the country. I think Wake can potentially beat UNC and Duke, but we'll need to figure out doubles and get Kan healthy.

#18 Wake is at #23 South Carolina right now. Deacs won the doubles point and singles will start soon. The men will play at home on Sunday against #20 Tennessee at 1PM and at 6PM against Gardner-Webb. The men's team also signed the #36 class, but it's only one player and I assume they will likely sign others before next year.

#61 Wake women play at home tomorrow at 10 AM against VCU and 3 PM against Elon. The women signed the #7 class in the country, which is the highest ranked class they have ever signed.

The men beat #23 South Carolina on Friday, #20 Tennessee today (Wake was 1-12 all time vs TN prior to the match today), and Gardner-Webb today. They beat USC and Tenn convincingly, 5-2 both matches. They next play #31 OK State at home on 2/21.

The women beat VCU and Elon this weekend to go to 7-2. They next play #37 LSU at home this Friday.

Last edited:
Amazing what a top-notch facility and good coacheswill do for a program

**attention, Ron**

Is Kan injured? something chronic?

I think he may have a back injury, but I don't know for certain. He did play Sunday night, but he hasn't been playing nearly as well as he can. Hopefully he can get back to full strength, because he was really good last year.

Last week Christian Seraphim was named the ACC Player of the Week, which is obviously a great distinction for him. The men are off this weekend.

The women play #37 LSU at home (Indoor Tennis Center) at 4 PM today. This is big match for the women, as they need to move into the top 40 to make the NCAA tournament.

The women were down 3-1 and came back to win 4-3. Great win - the type they need to make the ncaa tourney. All 6 singles matches went to 3 sets. Kimmy Guerin beat the #29 player in the country at 1 singles.

well I would have fired Lobo after the 2004/2005 season. And he somehow lasted until 2014. This isn't the thread though.

Back