• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

The men win 7-0 at #40 Tennessee.

Huge win for the women over William & Mary. This is going to be a tournament team

William & Mary is ranked 28. The Deacs lost the doubles and then swept the singles to win 6-1. The match was at W&M.

William & Mary is ranked 28. The Deacs lost the doubles and then swept the singles to win 6-1. The match was at W&M.

They're actually ranked #42, but they beat #28 South Carolina yesterday so they are a good team

Tough draw, but all teams in this tourney are tough. I guess drawing a team we have already beat is not a terrible situation, and probably better than playing a team like UCLA.

This is really a win-win situation given the quirks of the tennis rankings. Beat Oklahoma again and we have two wins over a team that will be very good when they get Harris back. Lose to Oklahoma and it moves Oklahoma up the rankings, which will be a net help to our ranking since we already beat them. Depends obviously on OU's results the rest of the season, but it's very possible that losing to Oklahoma will help our ranking more than beating them again

I don't like this draw, but there are some positives. Both courts that we lost to Oklahoma, we can win. Jon Ho was on his way to a 3rd set, and Dennis Ups was up a break in the first and even served for it. Harris played dubs vs. UNC, so I would be surprised if he isn't in there in singles, but he hasn't played a match yet so that will be different. At first glance I didn't like the idea of playing UVA in the second round, but now I like it as it would give our guys a chance to sniff out UVA before playing them in an ACC match that really mattered.

Women jumped up in the rankings from 64 to 45. Guerin went from unranked to 77 and Davis from unranked to 103.

For the men Mansouri is now 28, Ho 79, and Chrysochos 125.

Dubs point will be very key again tonight, both for momentum sake and the extra point. Not sure what will happen with Andrew Harris, and that will obviously play a role. He's a very good player when healthy, but he hasn't played a real singles match in a while, and he's up against a guy that is going to make him hit a lot of balls. If he plays, I don't think it makes a huge difference with Bragusi and Mora dropping a spot, but I could be wrong. Very winnable match, but going to be tough.

Deacs win! 4-1 over OU. Now into the final 8 tomorrow against #1 UVA.

Great opportunity against UVA tomorrow. UVA currently has the longest ACC win streak of any sport in the history of the ACC.

Great opportunity against UVA tomorrow. UVA currently has the longest ACC win streak of any sport in the history of the ACC.

Not sure this would count to snap that since it's not a conference match, but I would still take it

It wouldn't "officially" count but it'd still be a monumental win. It will be tough though. Crowd will be big for UVA and they are very, very good. Dubs point is almost a requirement.

1. Skan-Ryan Shane
2. Petros - Thai-Son K
3. Jonny Ho - Colin A
4. Romo- Mac Stys
5. Dennis - JC
6. Chris-Henrik

In my opinion, our best shots are at 4, 5, and 2 in that order. I think 6 and 3 are our toughest courts in that order. Should be fun.

Just grabbed the doubles point with a 7-6 win at 1, and a come from behind 7-6 win at 3. HUGE! UVA served for the match on 3 up 5-4.

Back