• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

presumably the staff helped vet the agent

if they didn’t, then that’s on them too
Forbes mentions in the presser meeting with the agent for the first time shortly after Bobi hired him in January, and says that everything sounded good at that point, but rapidly went south from there

presumably the staff helped vet the agent

if they didn’t, then that’s on them too
Could be. But at the start of the presser it sounded like Bobi had hired (or agreed to hire) the agent) before Forbes and staff met with the agent. Not clear if Bobi ever gave Forbes and staff to vet the agent before Bobi hired Tellem.

The one question I have remaining is where was Klintman in all of this? If his plan was to come back to Wake if he wasn’t a first rounder and that’s the eval he got, he’s under no obligation to do what the agent wants him to do. Agents are a dime a dozen—fire this puny fucker and go get another slimeball next year.

The one question I have remaining is where was Klintman in all of this? If his plan was to come back to Wake if he wasn’t a first rounder and that’s the eval he got, he’s under no obligation to do what the agent wants him to do. Agents are a dime a dozen—fire this puny fucker and go get another slimeball next year.
He’s a 20 year old living an ocean away from his family. It’s pretty understandable that he trusted his agent when he was told that he should go ahead and declare for the draft.

Obviously that trust was misplaced, but focusing the blame on Bobi for the bad decision making is misguided IMO

Bobi is 20 and by the end of April living with the agent (while the agent is wining and dining Bobi). FWIW, one of the focus points of the presser was that once Bobi went out to LA, the agency essentially denied Forbes and staff access to Bobi. In that environment, most kids Bobi's age aren't going to start calling shots. Guessing Bobi thought he was going to be 1st round pick until it was too late to go back to WF. Bobi got played.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you can reach that conclusion. Forbes doesn't seem to believe that. He just got a bad agent in his ear.
Agreed. Forbes said in the presser, Bobi said if he wasn't a first rounder, he'd come back. Nothing wrong with testing the waters and Forbes encouraged that. The agent was clearly not acting in Bobi's best interest it seems.

He’s a 20 year old living an ocean away from his family. It’s pretty understandable that he trusted his agent when he was told that he should go ahead and declare for the draft.

Obviously that trust was misplaced, but focusing the blame on Bobi for the bad decision making is misguided IMO

TITCR

Could be. But at the start of the presser it sounded like Bobi had hired (or agreed to hire) the agent) before Forbes and staff met with the agent. Not clear if Bobi ever gave Forbes and staff to vet the agent before Bobi hired Tellem.
This also feeds the point he made about NIL vs. NCAA-sanctioned agents.

Bobi signed Tellem as an NIL agent in January.

Bobi is 20 and by the end of April living with the agent (while the agent is wining and dining Bobi). FWIW, on of the focus points of the presser was that once Bobi went out to LA, the agency essentially denied Forbes and staff access to Bobi. In that environment, most kids Bobi's age aren't going to start calling shots. Guessing Bobi thought he was going to be 1st round pick until it was too late to go back to WF. Bobi got played.

Denying access to the staff? Did they confiscate his phone or something? I’m convinced that Tellum is a piece of shit (he is a sports agent, after all), but ultimately these decisions were all Klintman’s.

Denying access to the staff? Did they confiscate his phone or something? I’m convinced that Tellum is a piece of shit (he is a sports agent, after all), but ultimately these decisions were all Klintman’s.
Sure, Bobi has some culpability. But Forbes read out the texts he received from Bobi -- excited to see them in LA, excited about the new transfers, updates on the workout. Then Shay flew to LA and got heismann'd the whole week. So yeah, kinda denied access.

Pretty tough to tell the guy who is feeding you, housing you and promising you your dream career that you are going to do something, like call your old coach, when he is telling you not to do that. Classic isolating behavior by the agent.

M.Tellem is now the agent Stevve Firbes burned.

Maybe the NCAA will heed his comment about certifying NIL agents. This scenario may have been behind some of Forbes comments about NIL competition.

Did you watch the presser?

Jason Shay went to LA for three days in early May to meet with Bobi and his agent. Each day, Shay scheduled meetings with Bobi and the agent, and then each day, the agent would cancel. Finally, in the last day, they met Shay at an LA Starbucks, and Shay was then told by someone at the agency that Bobi was either going to stay in the draft or play in Australia.

Forbes aired the dirty laundry because this was such an unusual situation.

The thing that's still confusing to me is understanding what the agent's end game was here? You have a legit 2024 first round prospect contracted with you and the play is to make a quick buck off of him today while simultaneously doing severe harm to his future draft potential? If I was making the investment I know where I'm putting my effort since you'd want to maximize your shot at a cut of an NBA contract.

The thing that's still confusing to me is understanding what the agent's end game was here? You have a legit 2024 first round prospect contracted with you and the play is to make a quick buck off of him today while simultaneously doing severe harm to his future draft potential? If I was making the investment I know where I'm putting my effort since you'd want to maximize your shot at a cut of an NBA contract.

whole situation seems like a dumb nepo-baby trying to play big time sports agent like his pops

Back