• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

The thing that's still confusing to me is understanding what the agent's end game was here? You have a legit 2024 first round prospect contracted with you and the play is to make a quick buck off of him today while simultaneously doing severe harm to his future draft potential? If I was making the investment I know where I'm putting my effort since you'd want to maximize your shot at a cut of an NBA contract.
Yeah but he wanted the money, like, right now. Plus Wake Forest is lame anyways so who cares.

The thing that's still confusing to me is understanding what the agent's end game was here? You have a legit 2024 first round prospect contracted with you and the play is to make a quick buck off of him today while simultaneously doing severe harm to his future draft potential? If I was making the investment I know where I'm putting my effort since you'd want to maximize your shot at a cut of an NBA contract.
This is my confusion too. They’re wining and dining him like they think they are going to profit majorly from him. It feels like they thought he legit could go first round.

It's almost like daddy hooked Mikey up with a job and all he did to prepare was watch Hustle and think that was him

Forbes is so damn awesome. I'd heard the rumors of Bobi getting "agented" from some DC-area guys who have put kids into Wake/UVA/UMD but didn't really believe it was as bad as they said.

It was actually way worse...

For those dragging Bobi over this, yes he's 20 or whatever. But it's hard to convey what the full-bore agent attack is like. These guys are professional manipulators; I simply feel bad for the guy because I really don't see him ever getting drafted now.

Yeah, would definitely not be surprised if this guy pushed/encouraged Vecenie to take a closer look at Bobi and do that initial tweet. That first highlighting of him kind of came out of nowhere. He had been on a pretty good run, but nothing that would normally make him pop out.

Pretty tough to tell the guy who is feeding you, housing you and promising you your dream career that you are going to do something, like call your old coach, when he is telling you not to do that. Classic isolating behavior by the agent.

M.Tellem is now the agent Stevve Firbes burned.

Maybe the NCAA will heed his comment about certifying NIL agents. This scenario may have been behind some of Forbes comments about NIL competition.
So Stockholm syndrome? (pun intended)

I mean Mikey doesn't seem too good at his job and Q2 is wrapping up in a couple of weeks so he was probs just way behind on his quota

Yeah, would definitely not be surprised if this guy pushed/encouraged Vecenie to take a closer look at Bobi and do that initial tweet. That first highlighting of him kind of came out of nowhere. He had been on a pretty good run, but nothing that would normally make him pop out.
Dude probably got a nice steak dinner out of it or something.

Will be a damn shame if Bobi getting stashed in the NBL derails his chance at the NBA. At the end of the day if he plays well he'll get a chance, but playing against grown men over in a less covered league than the NCAA doesn't seem to make much sense.

Agent doesn't get paid until Bobi gets paid. Agent doesn't get paid huge bucks until after Bobi's initial rookie contract ends. So, the initial plan was to steer Bobi to the NBA ASAP.

When it seemed like there could be 2023 first round buzz around Bobi, the agent didn't want Bobi around WF, because he was afraid WF would try to keep Bobi from going to the NBA this Summer; so, the agent insisted that Bobi workout in LA before the semester ended. Then, when the agent realized that Bobi wasn't going to be first round pick, the agent tried to get Bobi a mega NIL deal via the transfer portal, but it was too late because the portal had closed. As for not wanting Bobi to go back to WF, Bobi can fire his agent at any time, and Tellem was probably afraid that Forbes had seen enough red flags about the way Tellem operated, that Forbes and staff might convince Bobi to dump Tellem and hire a better agent for 2024. So, Tellem steered Bobi to Australia where Tellem had represented other clients and where he wouldn't be under the influence of the WF staff, whom Tellem can't control.

Agent doesn't get paid until Bobi gets paid. Agent doesn't get paid huge bucks until after Bobi's initial rookie contract ends. So, the initial plan was to steer Bobi to the NBA ASAP.

When it seemed like there could be 2023 first round buzz around Bobi, the agent didn't want Bobi around WF, because he was afraid WF would try to keep Bobi from going to the NBA this Summer; so, the agent insisted that Bobi workout in LA before the semester ended. Then, when the agent realized that Bobi wasn't going to be first round pick, the agent tried to get Bobi a mega NIL deal via the transfer portal, but it was too late because the portal had closed. As for not wanting Bobi to go back to WF, Bobi can fire his agent at any time, and Tellem was probably afraid that Forbes had seen enough red flags about the way Tellem operated, that Forbes and staff might convince Bobi to dump Tellem and hire a better agent for 2024. So, Tellem steered Bobi to Australia where Tellem had represented other clients and where he wouldn't be under the influence of the WF staff, whom Tellem can't control.
But they get YouTube in Australia!

Bobi's obviously extremely stupid/arrogant if he believed he was a 1st round pick this year, but the agent also sounds like a piece of work.
We all feel bad for Bobi and will never know what his potential would have been at Wake. Bobi seems like a good well rounded young man but obviously very naive when it comes to business matters. Tellum probably sold him a bill of fraudulent promises and Bobi fell for his "sales pitch." Before Bobi committed to this guy he should have conferred with someone who would have had his best interest at heart without the lure and promises of a career in professional bball.

Always thought that this whole situation with Bobi leaving Wake after only one season smelled bad.

Turns out it was toxic waste bad and even worse than expected. :(

Always thought that this whole situation with Bobi leaving Wake after only one season smelled bad.

Turns out it was toxic waste bad and even worse than expected. :(
Like many have said earlier Forbes is awesome and that is an understatement! The man is transparent, honest and cares for his staff and players. Forbes is definitely proactive with a plan B in place in case something does not come to fruition. Within a couple weeks of Klintman going down under, he had the Italian guy from UCLA signed and sealed!

Back