• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

They also were 10-21, 3-15, and lost their last 8 games last year. They are not a decent team.

Lucas Taylor landing on a team that allows him to get 20 shots up in the first game is wild to me. That would suggest to me that he's going to be the best player on that team and a focal point of their offense

Seems like horrific coaching. He was wildly inefficient last night.

McCray had fantastic numbers, good for him.

Last edited:
Never understood why McCray couldn't get any run on mediocre teams, just based on his athleticism alone. Though I guess somehow, he was even more of a defensive liability than what we put out there? Ody would play meaningful minutes for us this year, at least until Reid is hopefully cleared.

It seemed like every time Forbes was asked about him he discussed how ball security was a real issue. To standout on those teams with turnovers it must have been pretty egregious.

They also were 10-21, 3-15, and lost their last 8 games last year. They are not a decent team.
Georgia State has made the tourney 4 times in the last 9 years. They've won a NCAAT game more recently than Wake. They are a good SunBelt program.

Lucas Taylor should not be taking 20 shots a game at the d1 level.

Last year’s record doesn’t mean as much in the transfer age especially as we are talking about a transfer.

The Utah game is going to be critical. A win there provides a game versus Houston and then likely either St. John's or Dayton. A loss likely gives us games versus Towson (lost 75-57 to Colorado last night) and then either LSU/North Texas. The non-conference SOS will vary greatly based on the result of the Utah game.

The Utah game is going to be critical. A win there provides a game versus Houston and then likely either St. John's or Dayton. A loss likely gives us games versus Towson (lost 75-57 to Colorado last night) and then either LSU/North Texas. The non-conference SOS will vary greatly based on the result of the Utah game.
this...this is correct. its a yuge weekend for the deacs

Hey, the season has somehow crept up on me and was wondering if anyone would like to spilt 4 season tickets and a parking pass in the Pepsi lot? PM me if interested. If not this year, maybe next. Thanks

I will not be impressed if we start another game soft and lost on defense

Bobi Klintman is putting up solid numbers in the NBL. Good inside the arc, but only decent from deep. Looks like he'll still be a first round 2024 prospect.

Jonah Antonio is on his team and barely getting playing time.

i'm seeing bobi in the lottery range in mock drafts

May as well imagine Stacey Castle's kid and Olivier Sarr's little bro on this squad too.

Whoa. TMU pulled the #1 player in the nation.

I’ve seen enough to do minutes projections. Note: last year Hildreth and Carr were #2/3 at 32 minutes each, Marsh was 17. Tyree paced us at 38.

No Reid:
Sallis - 34
Hildreth - 34
Carr - 32
Boopie - 24
Marsh - 16
Parker - 16
MMM - 15
Monsanto 15 (20 games * 23 min as he ramps up)
Canka - 9
Keller - 3
Clark - 1

Bigger games - the top guys play a bit more and squeeze the bottom out.

Reid plays 27, taking from everyone, but most severely Marsh, MMM, Canka, and Keller.

Monsanto’s minutes filled by everyone but most by Parker, MMM, Canka in early games.

Back