• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I guess that's one read on what happened.

If I go back and look at his % for each team, I think he did pretty well.

His top 4 to win the tourney were:
1- Houston - 22.8%
1- Alabama - 15.9%
3- Gonzaga - 9.5%
4- UConn - 8.6%

San Diego State was 12th on the list

A series of single game outcomes is not going to mirror the KP rankings. A lot of these games (probably most of them, in fact) are nearly statistical toss-ups.
Houston was a average team at best.

That's easy to say in hindsight of an upset loss to a 5 seed, but they were the KP favorite, and Vegas favorite to win the tourney.

When the tournament started, KP rated UCONN as #4 team in the nation and KP rated higher UCONN than the other #4 seeds, higher than any of the the 3 seeds and higher than all of the 2 seeds except UCLA (who entered the tournament with a major injury which wasn't factored in the KP ratings), and higher than two of the #1 seeds (Kansas and Purdue -- the two number #1 seeds that KP rated the lowest and the first #1 seeds to lose).

In fact, under the KP ratings, as #4 team in the nation, UCONN was the most under-seeded team of the top 16 seeds. KP rated UCONN highly all year as they never dipped below #6 in the nation after December 1, despite almost falling out of the national polls in January when UCONN dropped to 5-6 in the Big East.

Not intended as an excuse because every team is dealing with stuff by the end of the year, but Sasser didn't look the same to me as he had throughout the season and it seemed like he was definitely not at 100% which wasn't a help for Houston.

D̷̡̢̖̹͙̖͎͔͕͈̤͈͈̗͉̖͎̥̖̟̞̗͓̝̰̪͇̯͉̝̞̜̯̳̱̪͉͖̠̬̘͎̈́̂͒͋̓́̉̓̌̈͊̀̓̾̇͗͂̎̀̾̈́̂͐̉́̀̔̊̚̕͜͝͠͝͝ͅO̸̧̢̨̧̡̧̢̝̼̼̻͖͉̗̙̟̜̫͙͔̻͚͕̘̪͖̺̮̟͈͖̮͙̻̪̮̽̉̑̀̇̍͛̑̓̋͋̄͂̎̀͗̓̚̚͘̚͝͝ ̷̨̡̛̯̲̼͔̲̬̀͌̇̉̅̓̓̇̈́̈́̎̉̋͘̚Ǹ̷̡̡̯͖͍̣͚͎̖̰̙̤̜̦̯̩͇͍͍͖͍̬̩͎̜̘̯̞͉͉̖̗̯̝̣̜͙̠͎̯̦͈̀̓́́̀̊̿̍̅͊̉͌͆̈̄̈́̑͂̿̏͘̚͜͝͝͝͠ͅƠ̶̡̡̧̛̛̠̹̥̭̻̭̳̠̗̦͉̣͈͕͈̬̮̫̹̮͎̳̓̀̐͒̈́̂̇̈́̈̈́̈́̏̅̍͋͐̂͆̍̓̔̑͑̒̀̔̈̽̊̓͌̑̈́̐̈́̇̃͋̿͘̕͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝ͅͅT̶̨̡̡̛̛̻̘̻̗̲̞̯̖̳͆̅̆̈́̂̈́̾̀͑̉͒̎̌̄̀̋̑̒̈̈́̈́̾̓̓̏̃̿̏͝͝͝ ̷̡̢̢̢̡̛͍̻͔̦̹̫͖̘͓̩̞̥̼̲̫̖̊͋̉̃̊̑͐̓̿̓̀̋̀̓̽͗́͆̅̈́̀̊͌̑̾̔̓̚̚͜͝͝͝ͅQ̷̨̢̡̛̛̰̬̘̝̗̗̼̱̹͓͓̖̺̦͚͉͙̩̮̰̼̟̘̝̻̦͎͙̖̠̗̞͎̠͂̃́̏̄͛̈́͒̐͆̓̍̿̽̀̍̋̄̾͊̂̋̽͐͌̂͒̔̇̑́͗͐̎̇̇̚͜͝͝͠Ų̴̛̙̮̫̥͇̝̥͙͉̙͚̞̠̯͕̗̣̯͉̘̳͕̼̘̖̞̩̖̻͓̦̩̬͔̭̙͙̾̐͝ͅÉ̵̡̟͕̮̭͓̳͚̠̘͉̘̭̍̈̒̔͐̈̊̀̒͂̏̎͒̄̓̍̍͗̊͗͒̒̓̕͘͜͝͝Ş̶̡̢̡͕̪̱̣̙͎̘̤̩̻̻͔̬̹͕̟͍͚̳̹̟̖͖̗͇̙̳̟̗̖̼̘̭̜̉́̎͑̒̃̑̈̇̿͛̆́̿͆ͅT̸̩̞̞͙͍̘̟̲̹͑͛͛̈́̓͛̄̏̌̕ͅͅI̷̛̛̛͍͓͍̟͍͛̎͊̽̈̈́͋̈́̓̔̍̀̽̌̽̈̑͗̂͂̌̿̍̃̄̐͊̎̌̾̈́̽̐̾̈́̏͛̊͂́̚͘ͅO̴̳͋̊͊̆̑̆̏̌̓̊͗͂̀̇̄̿̾́̿́̒͐̋͌̋͆̓͆͘̕͝͠Ṉ̶̎͑͆̔͒͋̇̇͒͑̀̌̉̇̈̽̎̈͐̾̽͗͛̆̒̅̋̈́̐̎͛̋̑̀̍́͌̿̚͠͝͠͠͠͝ ̵̢͇̜̼̹͙̼̪̗̣̣̳̪͋̑̇͑̈́̂̒̿̕Ķ̴̨̨̢̛̛̛̜̼̲̮͖̳̫͈̣̤̠̼̼̹̭͕̭̪̲̻̙̦̘̬̙̬̼̟͓̻̲͕̞̞͍̝̫̳̮͙͛̊͋̿̆̓̅̋̽̿̓͗̑̔̍͋̍͂̽͋́͐̋̍̊̋̚͘͘̕͜͜͝͝ͅͅE̶͉̯̰̮̊̀̽͂̃͐͑͛͗͂̚͝N̸̡̧̨̡̢̛̛̛͎̬̯̺̩͔̜̳̻͚̝͈̲̮͍̫̩͔͚̙̦̫̲͒̾̔̓̔̋̔̉͊̉̎͒͌̏͂̾̐̑͆͗̋͂̀́̆̒͌̏̿̅̀̑̚̕͘̕͜͜͝ ̵͉̹̥̟̬̒͊̿͑̽͊͑̒̽̽̋̈́̅̄͊̈́͗̔̍͗̊̀̌̓͂̓͘̕̚̚̚̚͘̕͠͠͠P̷̧̢̛̘̮̰̪̯̬͚͖͇̞̺̩̩͚͚̰͕̪͈̟͔͉̭̹̰̄̿͗̾́̄͒͂̌̓͋̈́͆͋̀̓͂̃̎̈́̈́̿͘͝Ợ̷̢̡̡̛͙͉̹̘̮̖̼̜͚͇͔̣̱̻̟̱͑̆̊͋̋̐́͐̽̾̒̌͆́͐̋̂̑̀̿͂͌̋̔̇̓̍̆̀̉̚͝M̸̨̨̧̧̨̱̟͎͔̩̼͎̣̮̪̤̠̗̖̹̘̱̠̺̝͇̣̘̺̱̼̱̞̤͕͎̰͈̟̩͕̝̋̔̾̚͝ͅ

D̷̡̢̖̹͙̖͎͔͕͈̤͈͈̗͉̖͎̥̖̟̞̗͓̝̰̪͇̯͉̝̞̜̯̳̱̪͉͖̠̬̘͎̈́̂͒͋̓́̉̓̌̈͊̀̓̾̇͗͂̎̀̾̈́̂͐̉́̀̔̊̚̕͜͝͠͝͝ͅO̸̧̢̨̧̡̧̢̝̼̼̻͖͉̗̙̟̜̫͙͔̻͚͕̘̪͖̺̮̟͈͖̮͙̻̪̮̽̉̑̀̇̍͛̑̓̋͋̄͂̎̀͗̓̚̚͘̚͝͝ ̷̨̡̛̯̲̼͔̲̬̀͌̇̉̅̓̓̇̈́̈́̎̉̋͘̚Ǹ̷̡̡̯͖͍̣͚͎̖̰̙̤̜̦̯̩͇͍͍͖͍̬̩͎̜̘̯̞͉͉̖̗̯̝̣̜͙̠͎̯̦͈̀̓́́̀̊̿̍̅͊̉͌͆̈̄̈́̑͂̿̏͘̚͜͝͝͝͠ͅƠ̶̡̡̧̛̛̠̹̥̭̻̭̳̠̗̦͉̣͈͕͈̬̮̫̹̮͎̳̓̀̐͒̈́̂̇̈́̈̈́̈́̏̅̍͋͐̂͆̍̓̔̑͑̒̀̔̈̽̊̓͌̑̈́̐̈́̇̃͋̿͘̕͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝ͅͅT̶̨̡̡̛̛̻̘̻̗̲̞̯̖̳͆̅̆̈́̂̈́̾̀͑̉͒̎̌̄̀̋̑̒̈̈́̈́̾̓̓̏̃̿̏͝͝͝ ̷̡̢̢̢̡̛͍̻͔̦̹̫͖̘͓̩̞̥̼̲̫̖̊͋̉̃̊̑͐̓̿̓̀̋̀̓̽͗́͆̅̈́̀̊͌̑̾̔̓̚̚͜͝͝͝ͅQ̷̨̢̡̛̛̰̬̘̝̗̗̼̱̹͓͓̖̺̦͚͉͙̩̮̰̼̟̘̝̻̦͎͙̖̠̗̞͎̠͂̃́̏̄͛̈́͒̐͆̓̍̿̽̀̍̋̄̾͊̂̋̽͐͌̂͒̔̇̑́͗͐̎̇̇̚͜͝͝͠Ų̴̛̙̮̫̥͇̝̥͙͉̙͚̞̠̯͕̗̣̯͉̘̳͕̼̘̖̞̩̖̻͓̦̩̬͔̭̙͙̾̐͝ͅÉ̵̡̟͕̮̭͓̳͚̠̘͉̘̭̍̈̒̔͐̈̊̀̒͂̏̎͒̄̓̍̍͗̊͗͒̒̓̕͘͜͝͝Ş̶̡̢̡͕̪̱̣̙͎̘̤̩̻̻͔̬̹͕̟͍͚̳̹̟̖͖̗͇̙̳̟̗̖̼̘̭̜̉́̎͑̒̃̑̈̇̿͛̆́̿͆ͅT̸̩̞̞͙͍̘̟̲̹͑͛͛̈́̓͛̄̏̌̕ͅͅI̷̛̛̛͍͓͍̟͍͛̎͊̽̈̈́͋̈́̓̔̍̀̽̌̽̈̑͗̂͂̌̿̍̃̄̐͊̎̌̾̈́̽̐̾̈́̏͛̊͂́̚͘ͅO̴̳͋̊͊̆̑̆̏̌̓̊͗͂̀̇̄̿̾́̿́̒͐̋͌̋͆̓͆͘̕͝͠Ṉ̶̎͑͆̔͒͋̇̇͒͑̀̌̉̇̈̽̎̈͐̾̽͗͛̆̒̅̋̈́̐̎͛̋̑̀̍́͌̿̚͠͝͠͠͠͝ ̵̢͇̜̼̹͙̼̪̗̣̣̳̪͋̑̇͑̈́̂̒̿̕Ķ̴̨̨̢̛̛̛̜̼̲̮͖̳̫͈̣̤̠̼̼̹̭͕̭̪̲̻̙̦̘̬̙̬̼̟͓̻̲͕̞̞͍̝̫̳̮͙͛̊͋̿̆̓̅̋̽̿̓͗̑̔̍͋̍͂̽͋́͐̋̍̊̋̚͘͘̕͜͜͝͝ͅͅE̶͉̯̰̮̊̀̽͂̃͐͑͛͗͂̚͝N̸̡̧̨̡̢̛̛̛͎̬̯̺̩͔̜̳̻͚̝͈̲̮͍̫̩͔͚̙̦̫̲͒̾̔̓̔̋̔̉͊̉̎͒͌̏͂̾̐̑͆͗̋͂̀́̆̒͌̏̿̅̀̑̚̕͘̕͜͜͝ ̵͉̹̥̟̬̒͊̿͑̽͊͑̒̽̽̋̈́̅̄͊̈́͗̔̍͗̊̀̌̓͂̓͘̕̚̚̚̚͘̕͠͠͠P̷̧̢̛̘̮̰̪̯̬͚͖͇̞̺̩̩͚͚̰͕̪͈̟͔͉̭̹̰̄̿͗̾́̄͒͂̌̓͋̈́͆͋̀̓͂̃̎̈́̈́̿͘͝Ợ̷̢̡̡̛͙͉̹̘̮̖̼̜͚͇͔̣̱̻̟̱͑̆̊͋̋̐́͐̽̾̒̌͆́͐̋̂̑̀̿͂͌̋̔̇̓̍̆̀̉̚͝M̸̨̨̧̧̨̱̟͎͔̩̼͎̣̮̪̤̠̗̖̹̘̱̠̺̝͇̣̘̺̱̼̱̞̤͕͎̰͈̟̩͕̝̋̔̾̚͝ͅ

Has Kory's id been taken by one of those things from Arrival?

How many more transfers in and out are we expecting?

I'm honestly fine if we don't bring in a true big. Give me 2 guys who can get buckets. I feel good about Carr making a good jump. Bobi will be all ACC. Damari fully healthy is all ACC. Let's play small ball and hope Marsh, Carr and Keller can split 40 minutes at Center.

A couple 6'5-6'7 G/F type guys who can play on ball defense and create their own shot is what I want. Add that in with what we have coming back and we have got a damn good team.

I'm honestly fine if we don't bring in a true big. Give me 2 guys who can get buckets. I feel good about Carr making a good jump. Bobi will be all ACC. Damari fully healthy is all ACC. Let's play small ball and hope Marsh, Carr and Keller can split 40 minutes at Center.
I largely feel the same way. Sure it would be great to have a true center but let’s get the best guys we can and sort it out later. A lot of our shortcomings the past 2 seasons were much more about depth and balance than anything else.

Agreed. A true C isn't necessary in today's game. Improved Marsh and Keller can give us good minutes there.

But winning teams need as many athletic 3 and D and/or scoring wings as possible.

I largely feel the same way. Sure it would be great to have a true center but let’s get the best guys we can and sort it out later. A lot of our shortcomings the past 2 seasons were much more about depth and balance than anything else.
Exactly. If you can rotate in 7 good guards and wings in and out all game, you'll wear your opponents down.

Is Bobi makes the leap we all expect him to, which is basically play consistently like he did in the ACCT, we will be fine. If Carr and Marsh get stronger and improve defensively, we don't need another Big. If Keller can give us 7 strong minutes, we are absolutely golden.

There's no reason 7'1 Matthew Marsh can't hold his own defensively and grab rebounds. This off-season will pretty much tell us everything about his future playing basketball.

we may not need a true C

we damn sure need some muscle on the inside

Rodney Rogers, Alvis Rogers, anyone with a little more beef than Mr Rogers

Back