• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Carr up to 237 (after finishing the season at 214) feels... significant.

Reid waiver sounds like a complete crapshoot, regardless of their confidence.

8 for 8 in on-campus portal visits over the last few years is also a good thing.

Schedule is done, aside from ACC/SEC Challenge... So maybe we get some more announcements there in the near-term.

Carr waited until after Spring camp to get surgery, which probably helped him go from 214 - 237. I heard he was wearing a cast at the baseball game last weekend and I was wondering how, but it makes since if he waited so long to have the surgery.

Carr waited until after Spring camp to get surgery, which probably helped him go from 214 - 237. I heard he was wearing a cast at the baseball game last weekend and I was wondering how, but it makes since if he waited so long to have the surgery.
He had what looked like a removable brace of some kind on his wrist at the Saturday game, but it definitely wasn’t a cast. I was sitting just a couple seats over from him.

Forbes mentioned Carr should be able to go in a week or two (if I heard correctly).

No issues with other injuries. Boopie is 100%. Jao is supposedly 100%, but have to wait and see him really push it on the court. And obviously Monsanto... Who thinks he is ahead of schedule, but more likely just on schedule. He'll probably be good to go by Oct/Nov.

Forbes mentioned Carr should be able to go in a week or two (if I heard correctly).

No issues with other injuries. Boopie is 100%. Jao is supposedly 100%, but have to wait and see him really push it on the court. And obviously Monsanto... Who thinks he is ahead of schedule, but more likely just on schedule. He'll probably be good to go by Oct/Nov.
With Boopie and Jao both coming off injuries, I don't see Forbes just handing either one the keys. I think he gives them both opportunities to earn the keys. Summer workouts and early preseason practices could get interesting.

I’d hope everyone has an opportunity, but I think Boopie is going to come in and blow us all away. Like take Jeremy Roach & Nigel Pack to school.

I don’t know if it is a sign of how things unfolded, but I don’t believe Forbes mentioned Klintman in the whole 45 minutes. I know he is gone, but figure he would reference him in some way.

I’d hope everyone has an opportunity, but I think Boopie is going to come in and blow us all away. Like take Jeremy Roach & Nigel Pack to school.

I don’t know if it is a sign of how things unfolded, but I don’t believe Forbes mentioned Klintman in the whole 45 minutes. I know he is gone, but figure he would reference him in some way.

Why would Forbes talk about a guy who walked away from WFU basketball? Especially in the context of next year's team.

He had what looked like a removable brace of some kind on his wrist at the Saturday game, but it definitely wasn’t a cast. I was sitting just a couple seats over from him.

Yeah, my bad. Not even sure if it was a soft cast or just a brace. But yeah, not a hard cast. Didn’t mean to spook anyone.

Why would Forbes talk about a guy who walked away from WFU basketball? Especially in the context of next year's team.
His interview was a bit of a recap of what has happened since they last spoke (after Miami game). It isn’t a stretch to think he may mention having another player leave one year sooner than he would have anticipated. Also when commenting on the recruitment of Canka, it would make sense to say after Bobi opted to leave it opened up a new spot and we quickly went after a player I had wanted out of high school.

I kind of wonder if -- due to the total lack of questions about any of the guys who left -- they just said they'd prefer to not discuss it, beforehand. (I don't know if coaches/SIDs do that, or if it's cricket or whatever). He did talk about Laravia leaving last year in his first summer presser, I believe.

Forbes is a 5-star coach and a 5-star guy.

To get in front of the inevitable comment from a poster in a game this year that "Forbes isn't coaching during the timeout and ____ assistant was the only one talking to the team," Forbes explicitly says in the interview that he doesn't call the plays. He lets the assistant coaches do that, typically whoever is the designated offensive coordinator.

I kind of wonder if -- due to the total lack of questions about any of the guys who left -- they just said they'd prefer to not discuss it, beforehand. (I don't know if coaches/SIDs do that, or if it's cricket or whatever). He did talk about Laravia leaving last year in his first summer presser, I believe.
Nah. That wasn't presented that way to me, at least. With all the actual questions about the staff and roster actually returning, we went 45 minutes with Forbes. There's plenty to talk about in terms of what IS here to spend much time on who isn't here. I also just kind of figured we'd see how the process lines out for Klintman before asking Forbes to make any judgement on it. So probably the next time we chat I'll ask about Bobi.

The boards haven't really talked about Bobi since he left his name in the draft. I wouldn't expect Forbes to talk about him.

sob, once again when we start to get excited about the upcoming year Lucy pulls the ball away...

giphy.gif

that letter says that the NCAA denied Reid's waiver.

The Athletic has a long article on NCAA waiver process for basketball players.

If you believe it, Reid's chances pf playing for Wake this season are slim.

I would bet serious money that Forbes and his staff knew ahead of time that there is a high probability that Reid’s waiver will be approved. It seems doubtful to me that they would risk a scholarship on someone who has a low chance of ever stepping foot onto campus.

Back