• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

I know the Deacon Shop doesn't carry them, but are the team jerseys for sale normally at the home games? I've noticed there aren't many Wake jerseys in general for sale at the store.

Up 2-0 on BC at half. At the game. Another typical BC facility dump. It's not even on the Chestnut Hill campus but in Newton.

Gamble was not on the participation list. Is he hurt?

Was Vidovich holding us back?

Coach V was great. He did nothing to hold the team back.

This team just has alot of great pieces and has not seen extensive injuries. We've also had our share of luck and some amazing saves. Lets just hope they haven't already peaked and we'll enjoy a deep tournament run. It seemed like last year we outplayed UMB at home in the tournament, but they finished their chances and we didn't and ended up losing on penalties if I remember correctly. UMB ended up making a deep tournament run, so alot of people would claim that we were just as good at the end of last year.

I don't think soccer is ever about one individual, but Jack Harrison is quite simply the best player Wake has had in years. I would not be shocked if he had professional options and we only have him for one year, so if you haven't had a chance to see him in person, go out of your way to do so. He moves with the ball faster than anybody else, so he creates down the wings by attacking the defenders one on one. The attention he receives opens up alot in the middle and others have capitalized with the spacing (particularly Gamble).

I'm wondering if we will still play the match tomorrow against USC. I can't imagine they've been able to practice and have to wonder if they're even able to make it to Winston.

I don't think soccer is ever about one individual, but Jack Harrison is quite simply the best player Wake has had in years. I would not be shocked if he had professional options and we only have him for one year, so if you haven't had a chance to see him in person, go out of your way to do so. He moves with the ball faster than anybody else, so he creates down the wings by attacking the defenders one on one. The attention he receives opens up alot in the middle and others have capitalized with the spacing (particularly Gamble).

that kid is electric. what a talent! what a damn talent!

Deacs about to kickoff against the Cocks.

Great weather for a soccer match.

Back