• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you getting your SO for Christmas?

We decided to just get one gift from the kids to each of us. Then on Jan 2, we got a hotel and each have a budget and we will shop for ourselves, eat, and get a little loose hopefully.

Uh Oh, Time to break out the Accommodator!

41yO5ZpH9JL._SX300_.jpg

Not telling, but as for what I am hoping for, some clothes, a fit bit and stitch fix gift card, and maybe shoes. We have gotten pretty practical, fun stuff is for the kiddos.

Ive asked for a pair of gold hoop earrings. I can't wear most of the earrings that you get in a department store so I'm hoping he gets these. That is all that I've asked for. I've got a really cool gift for him, but he reads and I can't share.

Tickets to Wicked at DPAC, a printed panorama (10x48) on canvas that I took in Maine this summer on our vacation, and some shit from Anthropologie of course

i'm asking for a turntable, some dress shirts, a diploma frame, siriusxm unit, weathertech mats, little giant ladder, dewalt jigsaw, trailer hitch, cards against humanity, and homeland season 3
yes, can't wait (don't have Showtime). I've asked for season 3 of Carrie losing her shit again

We have a $50 gift limit, which is awesome. She's getting some funky socks, for sure. Guess I need to start thinking about this...

Tickets to Wicked at DPAC, a printed panorama (10x48) on canvas that I took in Maine this summer on our vacation, and some shit from Anthropologie of course

Did that for her November birthday (jan wicked tix at dpac). For Christmas, We're just giving some yard improvements to other (fire pit and redoing the deck).

We're doing a trip in February and the wife has said we shouldn't get anything for each other for Christmas.

Is it a trap? y/y?

We're doing a trip in February and the wife has said we shouldn't get anything for each other for Christmas.

Is it a trap? y/y?

Only if YOU don't get HER something. The trip with her is her gift to you.

Is it a trap? y/y?

Definitely a trap. You need to at least get some kind of scarf/necklace/earrings/something small-ish ($50 limit).

Definitely a trap. You need to at least get some kind of scarf/necklace/earrings/something small-ish ($50 limit).

I KNEW it. I already got her a down-ish jacket she wanted from Uniqlo (not expensive) and will probably grab some earrings for her stocking...

yeah, we have a similar set up most years - either a trip or some big project around the house that we "give" each other for Christmas. But it's not a free ticket to do absolutely nothing. I guarantee that she has a few little things for you and you don't either you'll feel like a jerk, she'll be hurt, or both. Nothing big, but something that shows you at least took the time and thought about her rather than using the big trip as a "sweet, now I don't have to do jack for Christmas."

She got a really nice bracelet for her birthday in late november and doesn't want me to spend any more $$. I'm still getting her some kitchen gadgets as she's really into cooking plus some running gear she wants. Tix to a show at DPAC is a pretty good idea, she'd love that... need to check that out.

Back