• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the best job on the planet?

Being Richard Branson or Larry Ellison

This kid (well he's 29 but whatever) that just started here brewed beer for like 3 years. He's had an interesting career path to say the least.

I am a little fried, but stone sober unfortunately. No excuses except spacing out.

My first job here at the University was pretty great. I hung out with cool people all day talking sports, movies, books and music; worked a "soft" 8-5 schedule, frequently coming in half an hour late and leaving early; and would take 2+ hour lunch breaks, chill on my porch drink some brahs brah, watch college girls jog by, go back to work, and occasionally get hit on by undergrads.

I am a little fried, but stone sober unfortunately. No excuses except spacing out.

My first job here at the University was pretty great. I hung out with cool people all day talking sports, movies, books and music; worked a "soft" 8-5 schedule, frequently coming in half an hour late and leaving early; and would take 2+ hour lunch breaks, chill on my porch drink some brahs brah, watch college girls jog by, go back to work, and occasionally get hit on by undergrads.

#AmericanHero

My personal favorite job ever was running Adventure Ed trips for school groups at a camp in Western NC. Worked long-ass days (usually like 7:00 - 10:00 on your feet the whole time), but I was paid to work with some of the best people I've ever known teaching kids how to canoe, cave, climbing, find their way around the woods, etc. I was in great shape from all the activity, and all my meals and housing were taken care of. Some of the happiest months of my life.

shortstop for the new york yankees is pretty tough to top.

Working for myself. Don't care what it is. Anything that allows me the freedom to work myself and make a solid income works. Haven't found the right fit yet, but still looking.

Maybe not the best job, per se, but I would love to do what these guys do:

american-pickers.jpg

You and giDEACon should team up.

Being a member of the Rolling Stones sounds pretty great to me.

Or really any band that has established a reliable following and can make the music they want to make and earn a good living doing it, so I guess I'm saying "rock musician who can earn good living" sounds like the best job in the world.

I'm feeling pretty happy in my job these days. Was an IT tech for 14 years and now Im running the department and that shit is fucking bawse word

Who's that skinny blond bird on the Travel Channel who goes around and stays at exotic hotels and makes a TV show about it? That's a good gig.

my old roommate is a golf pro and he says that his Titleist rep probably pulls 300-400k and works (by the reps own admission) 20 hours a week and dicks around 20 hours a week...and when he's working he's just travelling around playing golf with golf pros or doing demos and stuff.

Gonna go ahead and call BS on this. He may not work much but there is no way he is pulling in that sort of cheese being a golf ball rep.

Gonna go ahead and call BS on this. He may not work much but there is no way he is pulling in that sort of cheese being a golf ball rep.

If he's in like "client management", maybe. Keeping big names on as sponsored players? Just schmoozing the greats all day.

For me, personal favorite that I've held was ASP (www.asphome.org). Most demanding by far, but the reward and fulfillment were huge.

I'd love something like that but that afforded or provided international travel.

I wouldn't want to be a pro ball player or golfer. Way too much travel and the season is way too long.

Back