• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the greatest invention in the history of mankind?

No wonder why American dumb fucks can't figure out what's fake and not fake, or understand science this board can't even figure out what an invention is.

Homeboy compared water to fire, like we invented water. SMDH.

And those other nubs think discovering penicillin is the same as manufacturing antibiotics. Sadly, I'm not surprised.

I think what Rubbins is saying is that for penicillin, we didn't invent it at first, but rather we discovered that it grew as mold. But THEN after we discovered it, we figured out how to make it without oranges, and THAT was the invention. So you're both correct. I will admit I don't know much about antibiotics though.

Can't believe no one has said agriculture. Agriculture is obviously the greatest human invention.

I'd have gone with money, writing, agriculture, ship...probably in that order

Birdman got it before I did. If harnessing fire doesn't count (apparently), then the answer is agriculture

I also said antiseptic and not antibiotic, not that it matters

Guys we didn't invent agriculture, plants are also just around and growing on their own like fire

i choose fire also

Fire is the obvious pick. Folks answering other stuff are just overthinking it and/or wanting to pick something different for the sake of being a contrarian. Like not voting for Jordan as MVP.

A goddamn printing press? Are you kidding me? Without fire we wouldn't be able to light a candle, wouldn't be able to read stuff anyway so WGAF about a printing press?

Umm, have you heard of, like, the sun?

Now that's man's greatest invention.

Newsflash: the sun isn't up 24 hours a day. If we hadn't have invented fire, the sun would go down and we'd all be sitting around in the dark like a bunch of idiots. Sure as shit wouldn't be reading periodicals produced on a printing press !

Newsflash: the sun isn't up 24 hours a day. If we hadn't have invented fire, the sun would go down and we'd all be sitting around in the dark like a bunch of idiots. Sure as shit wouldn't be reading periodicals produced on a printing press !

Good point. We'd better tell NASA that our first sun explorer rocket should aim to land at night.

either fire or lady vibrators probably

Back