• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What will Wellman do?

What will Wellman choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wakedeac98

Reaction score
I know the general consensus is that he is still undecided. Just curious as to what the opinion is at this moment as to what the Premiere will chose.

The three choices are:
1) Fire [Redacted] in March/April.
2) Retain [Redacted] for 13/14 but do not extend his contract.
3) Retain [Redacted] for 13/14 with a contract extension.

I just don't see how he could get away with #3. I'm at a toss up between #1 and #2 with a slight lean towards #2.

4) Accidentally die of asphyxiation while having wild and kinky sex with Bzzz

I honestly think that there will be major ridicule from the basketball community if Buzz is not fired.

My guess: In term of likelihood, I'd go

1) Bz retained - no contract changes
2) Bz resigns
3) Bz is fired
4) Contract extension

Though it would be nice to know for sure what the initial contract was. I think the assumption is 5 years but could be wrong there.

Problem is.....Wellman doesnt give a fuck.

He probably believes he is a month away from running the basketball community as incoming committee chair.

Trying to set biases aside, I honestly think Buzz will be fired. 3 straight seasons of this performance is simply unacceptable. Only time will tell I guess.

My uninformed guess in order:
Resigns (assuming this includes "resign or else you're fired")
Fired
Retained under current contract
Extension

The headline on papers come March 14th or 15th...

"Jeff [Redacted] Leaves Wake Forest by Mutual Consent."

The headline on papers come March 14th or 15th...

"Jeff [Redacted] Leaves Wake Forest by Mutual Consent."

Then under that is reads "Wellman goes to the YWCA and hires another coach"

I voted with my heart. My head says that RW's ego is so heavily invested in this crony hire that he can't get way from it.

If [Redacted] leaves, it will never be announced as a firing.

That said, I voted 3. I have no confidence in Wellman's ability or desire to divest himself of [Redacted].

Lately I've been trying to make myself believe that there is still some sense left in Wellman's asinine head.

I voted 1.

I voted two, but am quite worried about the possibility of three..

Back