• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What will Wellman do?

What will Wellman choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's hard to understand the thinking of giving Dino an extension, firing him after a 61-31 record and a win over Texas in the NCAAT and then let Bzz blow the program apart and give him another year. But I'm going to have to expand my mind because I really think it is going to happen. It makes zero sense but I really think it's going to happen because we are all about this culture branding thing. If Wellman were working in any other business he would be fired.

Don't ADs routinely keep a coach under contract or give them an extension purely for recruiting purposes?

If Wellman doesn't fire him, then he'll get an extension, but I'm not sure that necessarily means that Bzz makes it past 2013-14.

I don't trust Wellman to fire him, so I guess that means I'm voting C.

I voted #3 in hopes of a reverse jinx.....ugh

Buzz has already done a number 2 on our program, so I voted number 1.

I have to stick with #1.

I will not even entertain the possibility of #3 happening because it can't.
We will finish in dead fucking last place in the ACC - he will NOT get a contract extension.

Again, gut says #1 - he's gone in 2 weeks.

He thinks State & Miami laying down and us getting some kind of home win makes it OK and we are taking the next step in the ACC. Go ahead with the extension in his egotistical mind.

Had to go with "Fire Bz at seasons end in March/April." Had to use reason in arriving at this conclusion. But who knows, I could be driving to work tomorrow in an octopus while talking to Proust himself.

ETA: Kafka would probably have been a better choice, as this whole debacle is Kafkaesque at minimum.

Last edited:
Don't ADs routinely keep a coach under contract or give them an extension purely for recruiting purposes?

If Wellman doesn't fire him, then he'll get an extension, but I'm not sure that necessarily means that Bzz makes it past 2013-14.

I don't trust Wellman to fire him, so I guess that means I'm voting C.

That is typically the logic. The extension provides reassurance to recruits concerned about a coach's job security and lessens negative recruiting.

In our case, however, an extension would probably have the opposite effect.

I wish RW would fire Bzzzz and hire me for 3 years. I could make a million plus every year, lose almost every game with no expectations or demands, and retire happy. Also, I would sign really nice guys to play -- doesn't matter if they can play ball or not. They would be cultured, go to frat parties, pop their collars, etc.

Everyone on board with that? Ron? Oh heavens yes!!!

The poster on this or another thread completely nailed it with the following comment (paraphrasing): when viewing [Redacted] during the MD game, he either looks like he doesn't care because he knows he's going to get fired or he looks like doesn't care because he knows he's not going to get fired. That, and only that, is what deserves comment here on this topic in my opinion.

The poster on this or another thread completely nailed it with the following comment (paraphrasing): when viewing [Redacted] during the MD game, he either looks like he doesn't care because he knows he's going to get fired or he looks like doesn't care because he knows he's not going to get fired. That, and only that, is what deserves comment here on this topic in my opinion.

If he looks like Grobe does on the sidelines then it's the latter.

If he looks like Grobe does on the sidelines then it's the latter.

True, but not pertinent to an argument about our flagship sport. We could go on a wild goose chase about that; let's keep it to an on-topic discussion for now.

I don't know why I'm such an optimist, but I believe #1 is the answer. I'm like a battered woman, believing her man is going to change and do better.

He should never have been hired. He didn't have the credentials to be worthy of the head coach position at Wake Forest and surprise hiring of Bzdelick made this thing stink from the beginning.

He is not getting an extension. I don't know if he will be fired or not, but he's not getting an extension. My guess is that while Ron wants this to work, the financial reality and all the hell he is catching will probably force Ron to make a move. Ron cares about his legacy and the last couple of years have really worn on him.

Back