• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's Your Take on CP3 to the Rockets?

The CP3 and [Redacted] union is really a conflict of interest for me

Agreed. I want to see how cp3 and harden work together. The potential is incredible. Also could be fun if cp3 gets on harden for playing lazy d. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Maybe some early season growing pains.

Are you gonna cheer for those guys? I don't think I can do it.

I may shift my fan energy to JC and the Hawks.

Kawhi guarding Ariza. 1/10 troll job. Green and Simmons shut down the rockets without kawhi.

The rockets needed to improve after the way their season ended. At least the spurs stood still. It should be fun watching the rockets figure out their identity.

Que? They push the tempo and launch 3's when they can. If they can't, they run the PnR with Harden + CP3. On the defensive end, they run dat MATCHUP ZONE.

Adding a ball dominant pg to go with the ball dominant pg they used last year. I'm just interested in how that will work. Not that it won't. Just the changes they will make. Stagger their minutes and play the same way? Harden plays off the ball when they are in together? Alternate of role? It's likely some combo. It should be fun to watch. It will also be fun when [Redacted] is called to mid court during. A timeout in opening night where cp3 yells at him and body slams him. Maybe diamond cutter? And they haul his ase out never to return.

CP3 should have made it a condition of the deal that Bzz be called out as a loser in the press conference and then fired in public.

I feel very strongly both ways- good for CP3 and Harden.... but having to play with [name redacted] on the staff?? :tard:

Would have much preferred rooting for CP3 playing for the Spurs and Pop.

Adding a ball dominant pg to go with the ball dominant pg they used last year. I'm just interested in how that will work. Not that it won't. Just the changes they will make. Stagger their minutes and play the same way? Harden plays off the ball when they are in together? Alternate of role? It's likely some combo. It should be fun to watch. It will also be fun when [name redacted] is called to mid court during. A timeout in opening night where cp3 yells at him and body slams him. Maybe diamond cutter? And they haul his ase out never to return.

From what I read, D'Antoni really encouraged Harden to become the ball dominant PG we saw this past season. It might not be that difficult for him to go back to playing off the ball.

i'm not saying it will be difficult. just saying i'm curious what it will look like. harden certainly played well with other stars when he was in okc so he can clearly do it.

From what I read, D'Antoni really encouraged Harden to become the ball dominant PG we saw this past season. It might not be that difficult for him to go back to playing off the ball.

I think this is right. For years, Harden has pushed the Rockets front office for another playmaker, because playing as the lone playmaker for a whole season is fatiguing. He'll probably enjoy not having to handle the ball so much.

Yeah the concern about fit is overblown. D'Antoni is an offensive genius and CP3 has the highest basketball IQ of anyone in the league save maybe Lebron. There will be an adjustment period but they will figure it out.

Back