• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When does the announcement come?

YoungBuck95

Reaction score
Tonight? Tomorrow? Weekend? Monday?

WHEN!?

Last edited:
probably late friday afternoon. bury it in the paper that way

THREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADS GIVE ME MOAR THREAEESDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The announcement regarding a 2 year extension will come after we win the CBI finals against West Idaho State. Mark it down.

Ron may travel back Monday, Tuesday is the announcement I think

88, are you still BuzzIn?

I was probably Buzz Wait and See Guardedly for 2 years, and then Buzz Out the last two. I just disagree with how many have acted towards the man, and think we would have done somewhat better, especially in recruiting, had the nastiness and vitriol towards him and the program not been like it was. I don't think he ever got a fair chance here and it sabotaged his recruiting efforts, just the toxicity of the situation.

He is not a horrible coach or person, but he isn't as good as we should have. Nor was Dino. I truly think Ron thought he was going to get Stevens or someone when he fired Dino, but got shunned, and Buzz was the best alternative he had. I mean, we had NOTHING in Buzz's first year. that was one of the least talented and experienced teams in ACC history. But, once he made the hire, you can't fire a guy after 1 year, and then he had the big recruiting class, so firing him then wasn't right. I would have been fine if he'd been fired after last year, and definitely it is time after this year. It is entirely clear now is the right time. RW has truly lost his mind if he does not fire him next week. I would play the CBI and let Chill or Battle coach while I interviewed other candidates. The young guys can use all the experience they can get, and maybe see if Chill or Battle can lead the troops and get them ready to play.

We shall see.

His extension will be announced Sunday late.

I can see a scenario where Ron comes back Monday. Assuming there is not CBI games, he and Bz discuss how Bz can leave as gracefully as possible. I'd look for press conference Thursday morning. That way there is enough other BB news going around to shield Bz from a lot of bad press. I'd assume it will similar to Grobe's departure with Bz saying something like "I came here to win games and I didn't, it's for the best interest of Wake Forest that I step down and allow a new approach to the team". Of course will be spoken as awkwardly as possible.

I can see a scenario where Ron comes back Monday. Assuming there is not CBI games, he and Bz discuss how Bz can leave as gracefully as possible. I'd look for press conference Thursday morning. That way there is enough other BB news going around to shield Bz from a lot of bad press. I'd assume it will similar to Grobe's departure with Bz saying something like "I came here to win games and I didn't, it's for the best interest of Wake Forest that I step down and allow a new approach to the team". Of course will be spoken as awkwardly as possible.
He knows 100% that he is gone, he has told the team that he is gone, and the only thing up in the air is when the actual announcement is going to be made. Wellman will almost certainly not be making the announcement on Thursday though as he'll be busy at one of the NCAA tournament first round spots.

Back