• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When does the announcement come?

Why does Wellman have to be here? Can't he just announce [Redacted] is fired while he's off Jerking some old dudes in a Best Western?

[Redacted] on his own in his farewell press conference would be quite the scene.

Ron may travel back Monday, Tuesday is the announcement I think

This 100%. Wellman will spend Monday doing the media bit to answer questions/defend committe decisions on seeds, brackets and bubble teams; in fact I'm guessing the various networks and media outlets have already been assigned Sunday evening and Monday slots to talk to him. It will be entertaining to watch the hysteria and over-reaction on this board over the next 5 days with no announcement, while the reasonable and rational sit back and enjoy the show.
He's gone guys; relax.

His extension will be announced Sunday late.

Have your fun sbpack. When you get to work in the morning I'm gonna make you go get my coffee and then fire you when you get back.

Go get a hobby you peasant.......

I think the announcement will be late Wednesday , around 4:30, it will be done my the # 2 guy in the AD. It will be presented as a big shock that Buzz has decided to step down due to fatigue. It will be explained that Ron spent hours on the phone begging Buzz to return, much like when Grobe almost escaped to Arkansas. As a last request Buzz wants Randolph to lead us into the CBI

Have your fun sbpack. When you get to work in the morning I'm gonna make you go get my coffee and then fire you when you get back.

Go get a hobby you peasant.......

I don't work at McDonalds, Mr. shift supervisor.

Monday, Monday, Monday

This is the correct answer. There are 4 reasons for this:

1) With selection committee stuff, Ron is not in NC right now. It would be extremely inconvenient for him to do it Thursday evening or Friday, and Saturday/Sunday is not really possible given what they are doing.
2) WFU spring break. Ron wants to avoid any bad press that would be students having a massive quad rolling party this afternoon when the announcement is made. The students are long gone on Monday.
3) Ron wants to give his Bz time to make arrangements to leave Winston so that after the announcement is made he doesn't have to remain around town.
4) Ron wants us the fan base to sweat it out a little.

1) With selection committee stuff, Ron is not in NC right now. It would be extremely inconvenient for him to do it Thursday evening or Friday, and Saturday/Sunday is not really possible given what they are doing.
2) WFU spring break. Ron wants to avoid any bad press that would be students having a massive quad rolling party this afternoon when the announcement is made. The students are long gone on Monday.
3) Ron wants to give his Bz time to make arrangements to leave Winston so that after the announcement is made he doesn't have to remain around town.

I wonder how much this will come into play. Ron knows that everyone want [Redacted] gone so if he makes us sweat then we'll be less angry when he botches the hire.

while I tend to agree on Monday or Tuesday, you are wrong on #2 students are on spring break this week, they will be back on Monday

I wonder how much this will come into play. Ron knows that everyone want [Redacted] gone so if he makes us sweat then we'll be less angry when he botches the hire.

Where is the evidence that Ron Wellman does anything he doesn't choose to do when it comes to running Wake Forest sports? Year five is here.

If Bzz has a 5 year contract - and I don't know that he does - I expect him to be back next year. Kinda' makes me want to throw up. :rulz:

This 100%. Wellman will spend Monday doing the media bit to answer questions/defend committe decisions on seeds, brackets and bubble teams; in fact I'm guessing the various networks and media outlets have already been assigned Sunday evening and Monday slots to talk to him. It will be entertaining to watch the hysteria and over-reaction on this board over the next 5 days with no announcement, while the reasonable and rational sit back and enjoy the show.
He's gone guys; relax.

God I pray somebody at CBS has the balls to ask Wellman about his own University's coaching situation during the interview

I really hope that if he announces next week that the students will roll the quad.

I would love for somebody to make the case that a coach with a career record of 233 wins vs. 298 losses is anything else other than a horrible coach. 88, have at it.

Item 2 is incorrect. Spring Break is this week. Students are back on Monday. Pull the trigger now, Ronny.

I would love for somebody to make the case that a coach with a career record of 233 wins vs. 298 losses is anything else other than a horrible coach. 88, have at it.

I think Jaybone is the one you want.

Back