• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Manning Gets Fired

Manning will get 5 years at least. We gave [Redacted] 4 years, after all. But Manning was not a bad hire at all given the circumstances. Wellman made his bed with [Redacted] and left us almost dead. This remains all on him.

I like Kelsey next as well but who knows the politics with Dino and all that. And maybe Manning will figure out how to hold a 13-point lead at home in the meantime. We have the talent to go to the NCAAs.

Mack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would re-hire Gaudio the day after Wellman retires. The optics would be awesome.

Did you miss the part where I said 7 or 8 years ago? Guy has all sorts of ties to Va and the Carolinas and was taking Winthrop to the NCAAs virtually every single year.

Not what you said.

Greg Marshall would have been the perfect hire instead of the last two hires we made. Barring paying huge dollars to Marshall, we should go the young route.

Last edited:
Manning will get 5 years at least. But Manning was not a bad hire at all given the circumstances.

I hope your first statement is wrong. Your second statement could not possibly be more wrong.

Greg Marshall would have been the perfect hire instead of the last two hires we made. Barring paying huge dollars to Marshall, we should go the young route.

Anybody specific in mind?

I think we will have a shot at Shaka after that doesn't work out.

Anybody specific in mind?

I think we will have a shot at Shaka after that doesn't work out.

Shaka would be fine, but I am puzzled by his lack of success at Texas. Did he inherit a really bad team? I have not followed.

Archie Miller may be tops on my list. I really like pack line defenses. Maybe someone like DR's favorite Wes Miller, but I have not really looked deeply at him.

Give me someone young that can relate to players and is hungry with a track record of success. Shaka definitely hits all of those. Not sure that Manning qualifies on any of them.

Manning will get 5 years at least. We gave [name redacted] 4 years, after all. But Manning was not a bad hire at all given the circumstances. Wellman made his bed with [name redacted] and left us almost dead. This remains all on him.

I like Kelsey next as well but who knows the politics with Dino and all that. And maybe Manning will figure out how to hold a 13-point lead at home in the meantime. We have the talent to go to the NCAAs.

I forget whether Manning signed a four or five year deal. If it was four, you either extend him after this year or he's a lame duck next year.

His recruiting is mediocre anyway. If he doesn't make the postseason, he should be gone after next year anyway.

Last edited:
Hoopla would bring immediate legitimacy and send shockwaves throughout the NCAA coaching ranks signifying the Deacs mean business.
Why you ask? #BecauseICant&WillNotBeSilenced

Jesus, you guys are morons. In 2012 you were after Bzz, and now you're after Manning. Bzz didn't hire Bzz, and Manning didn't hire Manning. Would you turn down 1.something million dollars because you didn't think you were ready for this job?

Back