• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Manning Gets Fired

Disagree. We need young and hungry. Someone who could give us 25 years. Old people generally do not get results in life anymore when hired old. The hires of Bob Knight, Coach K, and Dean Smith all would have never occurred under your arbitrary parameter.

Wes Miller lost last night at home to Samford.

I am sorry to say, but the one that got away was Jim Larrañaga. He would have walked to Winston given the chance.

Currently, I say throw the wallet at Archie Miller, but I say that it is pretty well known that he is waiting for the NC State job.

I am sorry to say, but the one that got away was Jim Larrañaga. He would have walked to Winston given the chance.

Currently, I say throw the wallet at Archie Miller, but I say that it is pretty well known that he is waiting for the NC State job.

He would have come after Dino was fired, but not after moving to Miami.

Weren't we told or at least implied that Mike White showed no interest in the Wake job before hiring Manning? I think people quickly forget that there aren't realistic options out there that would ever be considered a home run. Manning will be at Wake for awhile so let's hope things get better quickly.

We should step up and get him before State figures out how bad their coach is.

Weren't we told or at least implied that Mike White showed no interest in the Wake job before hiring Manning? I think people quickly forget that there aren't realistic options out there that would ever be considered a home run. Manning will be at Wake for awhile so let's hope things get better quickly.

We were told a lot of things by people trying to justify another substandard hire. Everyone (myself included) were so happy to get rid of Beelzebub that we ready to buy most of it.

Disagree. We need young and hungry. Someone who could give us 25 years. Old people generally do not get results in life anymore when hired old. The hires of Bob Knight, Coach K, and Dean Smith all would have never occurred under your arbitrary parameter.

Young and hungry is not mutually exclusive with some one who has already been a head coach at a single school for 5 years. We need some one who has proven they can run a program, we can not afford another risky hire and on the job training. 5 years is not arbitrary, it means they took over a program, recruited their own players and post season play in 2 of their last theee years means had success with the players they recruited. We need someone to get this program back on track.

With the shit Manning inherited and everyone knowing we were in rebuild mode no way you can fire Manning after year 3. Our trajectory is upwards and we got a top 30 stud in Chaundee coming in. Manning has it goin in the right direction. Step off the ledge folks.

Young and hungry is not mutually exclusive with some one who has already been a head coach at a single school for 5 years. We need some one who has proven they can run a program, we can not afford another risky hire and on the job training. 5 years is not arbitrary, it means they took over a program, recruited their own players and post season play in 2 of their last theee years means had success with the players they recruited. We need someone to get this program back on track.

Have you compiled a list? There probably aren't a whole lot that meet the criteria and would consider us. I'd be curious to see how many there are.

Have you compiled a list? There probably aren't a whole lot that meet the criteria and would consider us. I'd be curious to see how many there are.

Not going to bother with a list because I think Manning will be our coach for two more years after this one.

Chattanooga has a 35 year old Coach who is very active on the sidelines. He inherited a bunch of players but has had a great start. Worth keeping an eye on him as he appears to meet several of the criteria. Matt McCall. Former Donovan assistant.

Until we clean house administratively, these conversations are just re-arranging the deck chairs. I have zero confidence that neither Wellman nor Hatch actually give a damn.

The last two losses may have been ugly, but this is a ridiculous thread.

Manning will get at least this year and next year. And at that point, most everyone's list will probably look different.

I still think we are moving in the right direction. My only real complaint (aside from the Clemson collapse) is the recruiting of this freshman class. But I give him a lot of credit for bringing in Woods and Arians.

Back