• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why it took so long to get to today

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I have no inside information. My guess is that since the end of the ACC tournament, RW has been working the phones to see if he could cobble together enough support to keep Bzzz for another year. My guess is that he failed completely to find ANYONE who would support retaining Bzzz for another year and finally had to accept the fact that the man had to go. My guess he was finally told to get rid of Bzzz or hit the road himself. Faced with that decision he accepted the resignation that had actually been on his desk since before the ACC tournament. That is just my guess. Now lets hope he doesn't decide to be vindictive in his hiring Bzzz's replacement.

Seems pretty obvious that Ron wanted to be back in town for a press conference. He got back yesterday after a week where he needed to be out of town, and we had a presser today.

That ridiculous press conference was not needed. Va Tech did not need one and BC did not need one. [Redacted] should have been fired last year and he should have been fired this year immediately after the embarrassing loss in the ACC tournament.

It was just another fuck you from Wellman to make the fans wait in agony all week.

And if [Redacted] really resigned, then Wake would not owe him any severance but we all know it was a negotiated resignation just like Grobe's was. In a substance over form perspective I hope we can all agree that [Redacted] was fired.

#BUZZOUT4EVER

local%20marketing%20call%20tracking%20love.jpg

Wellman thinks it's a public relations/administrative masterstroke to keep up the charade that he meets with all his coaches at the conclusion of the season to discuss goals and, if things aren't going well, perhaps accept a resignation. Who knows -- maybe that kind of stuff really does give incoming coaches the fuzzies.

But that's clearly why he waited on making a move. Needed to go through the motions of the year-end review and the "hastily announced" press conference.

I'm more interested in when His Highness will find time in his busy schedule to hire the new guy.

I'm more interested in when His Highness will find time in his busy schedule to hire the new guy.

He said it won't be soon. I think there is no way Ben waits around for Wellman to go through his "process". Just remember the "process" brought is Bzzz. The guy who is a winner with a losing record.

Wellman must have cringed when he pushed send.

That was a very emasculating email

Someone else is calling the shots now

Actually BC had a press conference. Not sure about va tech. I really don't think there was any chance he was staying but Wellman had to be back in town to garner the appropriate attention.

What a power play

Ron gets his bz "resignation" (saves pizza face)--thanks mitt shah and random car dealers

And the other side gets its oversight and veto power

The Deacon Club letter made it clear Hatch is watching over this hiring process. Maybe our ace in the hole is that Hatch and the BOT's understand this HAS TO BE a great hire to right the basketball ship and everything it impacts (e.g. Wake Will.)

I have no inside information. My guess is that since the end of the ACC tournament, RW has been working the phones to see if he could cobble together enough support to keep Bzzz for another year. My guess is that he failed completely to find ANYONE who would support retaining Bzzz for another year and finally had to accept the fact that the man had to go. My guess he was finally told to get rid of Bzzz or hit the road himself. Faced with that decision he accepted the resignation that had actually been on his desk since before the ACC tournament. That is just my guess. Now lets hope he doesn't decide to be vindictive in his hiring Bzzz's replacement.

The decision was made 3 weeks ago.

You should have stopped after your first sentence.

He said it won't be soon. I think there is no way Ben waits around for Wellman to go through his "process". Just remember the "process" brought is Bzzz. The guy who is a winner with a losing record.

So naive.

That ridiculous press conference was not needed. Va Tech did not need one and BC did not need one. [Redacted] should have been fired last year and he should have been fired this year immediately after the embarrassing loss in the ACC tournament.

It was just another fuck you from Wellman to make the fans wait in agony all week.

And if [Redacted] really resigned, then Wake would not owe him any severance but we all know it was a negotiated resignation just like Grobe's was. In a substance over form perspective I hope we can all agree that [Redacted] was fired.

#BUZZOUT4EVER

It wasn't designed to say fuck you to the fans, it was a pitiful attempt to have Bzz retain some dignity that he never was going to

Tech held a press conference a few days after their firing. AD was matter of fact that they had a wish list and would throw some serious cash around.

I've never met someone that mailed it in faster and harder than the OP during his last year of work at WFU. Would have made [Redacted] blush. But it's ok, kids were only paying $25k+ in tuition. So go on, Bud, tell me more.

I've never met someone that mailed it in faster and harder than the OP during his last year of work at WFU. Would have made [Redacted] blush. But it's ok, kids were only paying $25k+ in tuition. So go on, Bud, tell me more.

giphy.gif

Back