• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wilbekin on Kennard, Why?

I agree! What a bonehead move! Try someone else--McClinton maybe we don't need scoring all we need to do is keep the ball out of one player's hands. Box and 1 anything. I have generally supported Manning, but that was the biggest bonehead move I have ever seen. All he had to do was deny for 2 minutes!

Because it's not a WFU basketball game if some pasty guard doesn't set a career high against us.

Just indefensible...The entire second half he guarded Kennard...I've got to ask him his logic on the radio show...I'm baffled.
I MEAN TRY SOMETHING!!!!

Didn't matter as much in the last play as Wilbekin got picked well on the baseline. Before that though, we definitely needed someone else on them.

Didn't matter as much in the last play as Wilbekin got picked well on the baseline. Before that though, we definitely needed someone else on them.
Should he have been surprised? That is a play Duke has run for years. Wilbikin was no help running along behind him like a puppy. Manning should have know what was coming and had someone to cut him off. What a Jerk.

Should he have been surprised? That is a play Duke has run for years. Wilbikin was no help running along behind him like a puppy. Manning should have know what was coming and had someone to cut him off. What a Jerk.

Yeah what a surprise the guy with 25 second half points runs off a screen to get the ball.

Wilbekin is just such a mismatch physically out there. It's like watching someone's brother who is in junior high trying to play with older high school kids. For every three he knocks down, it seems like he gives up at least 2 because guys can just shoot right over him. Plus, he just can't create a shot on his own. If the ball ends up in his hands with the shot clock running out, and he's not just wide open, we are screwed. To make matters worse on the Kennard three was that Giles set a clearly moving screen. He moved into Wilbekin after Kennard ran by, and also threw his knee out as well, forcing Welbekin out to the baseline. The farther path combined with Wilbekin's small size was ehough for Kennard to get a good look.

Wilbekin is just such a mismatch physically out there. It's like watching someone's brother who is in junior high trying to play with older high school kids. For every three he knocks down, it seems like he gives up at least 2 because guys can just shoot right over him. Plus, he just can't create a shot on his own. If the ball ends up in his hands with the shot clock running out, and he's not just wide open, we are screwed. To make matters worse on the Kennard three was that Giles set a clearly moving screen. He moved into Wilbekin after Kennard ran by, and also threw his knee out as well, forcing Welbekin out to the baseline. The farther path combined with Wilbekin's small size was ehough for Kennard to get a good look.

this is the exact feeling i get when i watch wolford playing qb...

What does that even mean? Of course you went with the match-up you went with. If you went with a different match-up, wouldn't that be the match-up you went with?

Also, a big part of the reason he made shots, was because of the match-up...

Back