• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Ron Wellman Apologize?

I don't want an apology, but I expect him to not insult the fan base by any more "everything I've asked/foundation laying/everything has been done for the long term health of the program" bs when Bz is dismissed.

“Therefore the best fortress is to be found in the love of the people, for although you may have fortresses they will not save you if you are hated by the people.”

- Machiavelli

Wellman, you done fucked up, son.

Ron, "There are people, and then there are people who contribute, err... count (Randy, help me out on this). Some people are more equal than other people."

I don't want an apology, but I expect him to not insult the fan base by any more "everything I've asked/foundation laying/everything has been done for the long term health of the program" bs when Bz is dismissed.

Well said. The program is in much worse shape than it was four years ago.

Wellman can "apologize" by paying Gregg Marshall out of his own stash. He has not earned anything the last four years, so he can give back his salary first, and then give back what his hiring Bz cost WFU in $$$ and good will. The good will alone would cover Marshall for 6-8 years.

I don't think any amount of apologizing can make up for the way he treated this fanbase like idiot kindergarteners with some of his pretentious, patronizing comments.

1 of 2 things needs to happen: a resignation, or a home run basketball hire and retirement in the next couple of years

2:14 - Do you feel you've progressed from last year? "Our guys are BEGINNING to mature..."

3:05 - "We're in a better place this year than we were last year"

There you have it - BzLogic - go figure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXhrH7pi8g

Dear lord, that press conference was almost word-for-word the same as today. Credit to the other team, had us on our heels, etc.

Also love the strategically placed water bottle to hide his tie

I'm done with supporting Wake athletics. I'm not a big donor by any means but I am going to enjoy golf in the fall months in NC, which are great. And I couldn't care less about basketball at the Joel. PM me when we go to the Final Four.

Yeah, I'm a shitty fan. But the older you get the more your priorities change. This old Deacon Club boy is done.

Don't give up today of all days! This is the first day in four years that there might be a semblance of hope.... and we still need all the Deac fans we can get.

Back