• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Ron Wellman Apologize?

Hell no. It will be portrayed as a successful laying of foundation.
When was Ron's last public comment/support for Bz? I'm curious as to the date and nature of the comments as contrasted to what we will hopefully hear later this month.
Idk but when I saw your username I was like hey he's missing a tango in there.

Was Buddie in his position in 2010?

How long have you worked at WFU?
7 years as an employee: 2 years as the Director of Development for the Calloway Business School, 3 years in the Deacon Club, 2 years in Athletic Administration.

http://parents.wfu.edu/2011/12/meet-a-deac-mike-buddie-93/

That interview is from 2011, so he had been on the job for a year or less when Bz was hired. Doubtful he was very involved in the process given his short time in the position.

This has been an ongoing discussion for almost four years...You are only as good as your last overture but Wellman's handling of the Bz fiasco, over retention of Grobe and hiring CatStevens...does not merit any mercy toward that SOB!!! Hope I am wrong, but would not be surprised if he gives Bz a fifth year just to shove it up the anal cavity to all who opposed the mighty Premier AD!!!

This is still a common narrative even after BC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Isn't he the one who supposedly had an affair with an employee from Catered Affairs?

Regradless of what Wellman may say, the culture is no better than under Dino and the foundation is as weak as I can ever remember. Plus the February/March record is not even close.

I don't need an apology or for Wellman to admit his mistake. That means absolutely nothing to me as a fan. Just make a great hire and turn this program around.

Had this same discussion today with a 50 year Deacon fan/STH. He had your opinion. I think there is something to be said for restoring accountability and transparency, especially when you're going to be asking for money again. It would do Ron some good-will good to graciously thank Bz for his efforts, but admit that he was not the right coach at this time to move Wake to the next level, and that the error was Ron's fault. He's not going to do that, but he should.

I for one believe that Mr. Wellman should be thanked for his years of service and promoted to place where he can carry on his mission to restore culture in college sports in Indianapolis. If that involves the locks being changed when he returns from the green room on Selection Sunday, then make it so.

If I could buy Ron Wellman for what he's worth, and sell him for what he thinks he's worth, I'd be able to triple Marshall's salary and potentially lure him away from Wichita State. There is no way we will get an apology, I'm just hoping for a clean break from this regime and a great coach.

he won't, but if he did $ would flow in. lots of folks who've been mentally escrowing their withheld contributions these past few yrs would suddenly feel a whole lot better about writing a check

Inside the mind of the Wellman: you will never find a more wretched hive of arrogance and self-righteousness.

I'm done with supporting Wake athletics. I'm not a big donor by any means but I am going to enjoy golf in the fall months in NC, which are great. And I couldn't care less about basketball at the Joel. PM me when we go to the Final Four.

Yeah, I'm a shitty fan. But the older you get the more your priorities change. This old Deacon Club boy is done.

I'm done with supporting Wake athletics. I'm not a big donor by any means but I am going to enjoy golf in the fall months in NC, which are great. And I couldn't care less about basketball at the Joel. PM me when we go to the Final Four.

...This old Deacon Club boy is done.

This is the damage that the Bzz hire has done to Wake's flagship program. And for this RW does owe an apology. We're about to find out real soon.

Wellman won't apologize because there's no accountability at the school. Why should he? We have a President who doesn't care and sounds like most of the BOT is content with fancy dinners and having their asses kissed.

I have it from a good source that Wellman will apologize only if the boards buy another billboard apologizing first.

Let's all face it. [Redacted] has been successful in his mission since arriving. WFU hasn't lost in the NIT or NCAA tournament at all since he was hired. After all, we hired him for playoff success! So far he's perfect 0 for 0.

Let's all face it. [Redacted] has been successful in his mission since arriving. WFU hasn't lost in the NIT or NCAA tournament at all since he was hired. After all, we hired him for playoff success! So far he's perfect 0 for 0.

You are correct. Buzz's Wake teams are undefeated in both the NIT and NCAA tournaments. According to our AD, Buzz has done "everything" that his crony friend asked him to do.

Back