• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you support a ban of the sale and possession of all firearms in the USA?

??

• Total voters
Damn, just read on facebook that without guns we're not a free country. I guess there's nothing we can do then.

And for the record I dont support a total ban, but strict legislation and taxation.

Increase wait time and education for hunting rifles and long barrel shotguns.

Increase wait times, education, registration, and heavily tax handguns and any assault rifles.

Massive buy-back program with high buy back prices. $500.00 for hunting guns, $800.00 for handguns, $1000.00 and up for assault rifles. Buy back in place for 10 years.

No more gun shows. Person to person private sales still allowed with background checks.

I have a hard time believing that these regulations would not at least reduce gun violence by 25-40%.

Wrangor (and others), honest question here:

If there were somehow bi-partisan agreement and this were not a hypothetical, would you vote to completely repeal the second amendment (i.e. enforce a national ban on all guns) in exchange for SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade (i.e. all abortions outlawed)?

We could make roughly parallel exceptions, as well: long guns for hunting purposes and military/police only / abortions in the case of rape or incest or the health of the mother.

With these measures, we could stop a lot of killing in our country, right?

I'm pretty left but I agree with Wrangor that the board is left leaning. I bet if we had a poll on who would you vote for president and listed 10 candidates, Bernie would win.

I'm pretty left but I agree with Wrangor that the board is left leaning. I bet if we had a poll on who would you vote for president and listed 10 candidates, Bernie would win.

I don't disagree but at least 4-5 of the active younger left leaning posters on this board were borderline Republicans when I joined the boards 6-7 years ago. That Includes myself.

Goes to show how much the far right wing of the GOP has alienated the moderate portion of its party.

Oh no doubt. Hell numbers used to be fairly conservative iirc.

I don't disagree but at least 4-5 of the active younger left leaning posters on this board were borderline Republicans when I joined the boards 6-7 years ago. That Includes myself.

Goes to show how much the far right wing of the GOP has alienated the moderate portion of its party.

this- theGOP really shot itself tacking hard right on social issues

Wrangor (and others), honest question here:

If there were somehow bi-partisan agreement and this were not a hypothetical, would you vote to completely repeal the second amendment (i.e. enforce a national ban on all guns) in exchange for SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade (i.e. all abortions outlawed)?

We could make roughly parallel exceptions, as well: long guns for hunting purposes and military/police only / abortions in the case of rape or incest or the health of the mother.

With these measures, we could stop a lot of killing in our country, right?

I would make about any deal to repeal roe v wade. Yes. I would support a gun ban. I don't even own a gun.

universal healthcare?

U don't read my posts very often do you? We already have universal healthcare. We are just doing a poor job paying for it. My view is and has been for a while that we should have a basic level of coverage provided to all residents (paid for by he government through taxes) and the affluent can buy supplemental to have increased coverage.

U don't read my posts very often do you? We already have universal healthcare. We are just doing a poor job paying for it. My view is and has been for a while that we should have a basic level of coverage provided to all residents (paid for by he government through taxes) and the affluent can buy supplemental to have increased coverage.

We certainly do not have universal healthcare right now unless you mean "there are enough providers for people to go to, in theory"

Oh no doubt. Hell numbers used to be fairly conservative iirc.

True. I think 18-22 are the years you grow the most politically just based on having your own experiences and forming your own opinions. Not to say people don't do that at home but there's a reason "parents political affiliation" is one of the top ways of determining political affiliation of a random person (along with education level)

For me having new experiences along with the GOP becoming batshit crazy were major factors in shifting views.

numbers is exhibit A why conservatives want more control over higher education.

Back