• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would your perception of Lebron improve if he returned to Cleveland?

Would your perception of LBJ improve is he returned to CLE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Mine would, but I am curious what others think. He got his two rings in MIA. The Prodigal Son returning is a great storyline. Bringing a championship to Cleveland would make him a god there (despite the Decision).

No. It would still be low.

Fuck that guy. I can't believe Cleveland fans want him back.

No. It would still be low.

Interesting. It would make him more likeable to me. He WILLINGLY would decide to return to a crappy town, essentially just because he grew up there. Trading SoBe for the Mistake by the Lake takes some courage.

Interesting. It would make him more likeable to me. He WILLINGLY would decide to return to a crappy town, essentially just because he grew up there. Trading SoBe for the Mistake by the Lake takes some courage.

I don't think it's that simple. Lebron has to get away from the Heat. Cleveland has sucked and lucked their way into having enough assets to be the best landing spot, especially if they can parley those assets into an established star to put with Kyrie and Lebron. Being from Ohio may help, but he wouldn't just go there if they didn't offer him a better shot at a championship than the Heat.

Not bringing a championship to Cleveland any time soon.

Mine would, but I am curious what others think. He got his two rings in MIA. The Prodigal Son returning is a great storyline. Bringing a championship to Cleveland would make him a god there (despite the Decision).

No change. He is still too chicken shit to go to a team in the West.

I really don't know. Probably?

I'll say this: if he comes back, he better win. Because if he doesn't ... hoo boy.

No. He's just a piece of shit. Same goes for Dewayne Wade. And Kobe.

there are plenty of attention whore, entitled asshole athletes

this one just happens to be the best in his sport

I don't know whether I should vote "No" or "No change."

Returning to Cleveland voluntarily is, to me, an admission that he feels bad about the way he left, so I give him some credit for that. Cleveland sucks, and the team that they would have around him is not even that great, IMO. Potential is there, but they are very young unless they make some other moves (Kevin Love, as suggested above, for example). Houston, Clippers, Suns having better supporting casts for him, if that is his primary concern.

Returning to Cleveland voluntarily is, to me, an admission that he feels bad about the way he left, so I give him some credit for that. Cleveland sucks, and the team that they would have around him is not even that great, IMO. Potential is there, but they are very young unless they make some other moves (Kevin Love, as suggested above, for example). Houston, Clippers, Suns having better supporting casts for him, if that is his primary concern.

So, so much harder to get to the Finals from the West though.

Read "smart"

image4.jpg

I don't really care, but I just wanted to regurgitate that nonsense I heard on ESPN radio the other day.

I don't get some of the LBJ vitriol here. I don't root for the guy or the Heat for the way he bungled The Decision 4 years ago - don't get me wrong. But he's otherwise a stand-up guy who has worked hard to become the best player in the league. And he's left $$ on the table in the past in order to try to get a title. Isn't that the sort of thing we tend to applaud?

As for LBJ, he's in a bit of a pickle the way I see it. Sounds like the only probably destinations from a cap standpoint are Miami and Cleveland (Phoenix too, but they don't have near the pieces around him that Cleveland and Miami do). Miami is no longer a title contender. Wade is practically done. His legs at his age look like they're not going to permit him to be the player he once was. I think Bosh is also overrated at this point - his production doesn't justify that salary. And I think Houston actually makes more sense for his game. Miami also needs a PG and big, and they struck out on their choice at PG. Cleveland has its issues as well. First, Dan Gilbert is a lousy owner, has publicly burned bridges with LBJ and presides over a disaster of a franchise. Speaking of said disaster, it sounds like that locker room may be 1 of the worst in all of sports. It wasn't great when LBJ was there, and now it's 10x worse. So does LBJ want to attempt to preside over a group of young knuckleheads who haven't listened to their coaches in the past and try to get them on the same page?

If I were him, I'd sign a 4-5 contract with Miami and give myself an out after 1 year. IOW, see what Miami can put together next year and then re-evaluate the horizon next Summer when the options will be better. And I bet that's why he's meeting with Riles today. He's not getting Riles to fly to Vegas just to tell him he's going to Cleveland.

I don't get some of the LBJ vitriol here. I don't root for the guy or the Heat for the way he bungled The Decision 4 years ago - don't get me wrong. But he's otherwise a stand-up guy who has worked hard to become the best player in the league. And he's left $$ on the table in the past in order to try to get a title. Isn't that the sort of thing we tend to applaud?

As for LBJ, he's in a bit of a pickle the way I see it. Sounds like the only probably destinations from a cap standpoint are Miami and Cleveland (Phoenix too, but they don't have near the pieces around him that Cleveland and Miami do). Miami is no longer a title contender. Wade is practically done. His legs at his age look like they're not going to permit him to be the player he once was. I think Bosh is also overrated at this point - his production doesn't justify that salary. And I think Houston actually makes more sense for his game. Miami also needs a PG and big, and they struck out on their choice at PG. Cleveland has its issues as well. First, Dan Gilbert is a lousy owner, has publicly burned bridges with LBJ and presides over a disaster of a franchise. Speaking of said disaster, it sounds like that locker room may be 1 of the worst in all of sports. It wasn't great when LBJ was there, and now it's 10x worse. So does LBJ want to attempt to preside over a group of young knuckleheads who haven't listened to their coaches in the past and try to get them on the same page?

If I were him, I'd sign a 4-5 contract with Miami and give myself an out after 1 year. IOW, see what Miami can put together next year and then re-evaluate the horizon next Summer when the options will be better. And I bet that's why he's meeting with Riles today. He's not getting Riles to fly to Vegas just to tell him he's going to Cleveland.

Pheonix won 48 games last year in the west. Cleveland won 33 in the east.

Back