• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would your perception of Lebron improve if he returned to Cleveland?

Would your perception of LBJ improve is he returned to CLE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LBJ isn't going to be on a losing team if he goes to Cleveland.

True, you're right. But it's still Cleveland, so does anyone really come out of that situation a winner?

The thing that changed my opinion towards Lebron is all the stupid criticism he got for the cramps. People actually saying he's unconditioned and out of shape and a quitter. I found myself sympathizing for him. On the one hand I get really tired of an athlete when it's all hype and all the talking heads discuss. See: Tebow, Manziel, Lebron, Kobe, et al. It's unfair because they're being hyped for their talent but I still judge the player. On the other hand, however, I get all pissy when the talking heads refuse to focus on true team greatness and even individual players who just don't meet the criteria for being cool or hip or having street-cred. The Spurs, the Bulls (to a lesser extent- the Derrick Rose Saves the Planet schtick gets old), etc. Tim 5 Rings Duncan will only make $1M more than Tiago Splitter next year. Yet we can only talk about the Knicks, Lakers, and Heat.

The thing I see about Lebron going back to Cleveland is that it's like he packed his shit, went somewhere else to get the thing Cleveland the City has been waiting on since 1964 (at best) and forever at worst. Those fans know Lebron's rings are Miami's not theirs. And only the diehard delusionals are thinking he can win a title in Cleveland. Prodigal son. But really, him going back isn't going to change my opinion of him.

Last edited:
Wait, do people really not think that Lebron, Irving and Love can win a championship from the East?

Wait, do people really not think that Lebron, Irving and Love can win a championship from the East?

Do you mean an Eastern Conference Championship? I think they can win that. I don't give them much of a shot against whoever comes out of the West.

You mean more than Lebron, Wade, and Bosh? Or Noah, Boozer, and a healthy :noidea: Rose? Or Wall, Beal, and Gortat? Nothing about that lineup is any more compelling than any other in the East, until you get to the Charlottes, and Milwaukees of the conference.

When Lebron was in Cleveland and getting sweeped by the Spurs people cried "He has no one playing around him." So he goes to Miami and goes 2-2 in Finals. However, this past playoffs we heard it again. "Lebron's carrying this team. The others aren't showing up." He doesn't win by himself. So yeah, an Eastern Conference title is certainly possible. Beyond that, no. And there's no guarantee Love is going to Cleveland or any other Eastern team.

Last edited:
I think they would have beaten the Thunder in the Finals this year. They play iso ball which Miami's aggressive D can handle. They can't handle the Spurs offensive movement at all.

If those three get together in CLE, I would be shocked if they don't a championship within 4 years. Spurs are getting old. I think that Cavs team can hang with the Clips. The Thunder may be slightly better. Houston will be interesting if they land Bosh. But all those teams will beat up on each other all season and in the playoffs. Cavs only need to win one series like that to win a title.

Lebron, Irving and Love > Lebron, Bosh and the decaying corpse of Wade. Not close.

Also, the Cleveland version is a lot younger. If the decision is made on talent and potential, Cleveland scores much higher. They question would be is that enough for LeBron want to agree to play for Dan Gilbert and the administration in Cleveland or Pat Riley and the administration in Miami.

if he returns, the amount of parodies with that "I'm Coming Home" song would be ridiculous

He should go back to Cleveland if they pull off the Love trade but I don't think he will. He will be torched by message board posters no matter what he does.

He should go back to Cleveland if they pull off the Love trade but I don't think he will. He will be torched by message board posters no matter what he does.

I think we are almost to the point (if not there already) where he is going rip Cleveland's fan's hearts out again if he returns to Miami. Let's be honest, will anyone in Miami notice that he is not there if he goes to Cleveland?

I honestly think his best basketball move is to ask Phoenix to bring in both he and Bosh, but that's pretty obviously not going to happen at this point.

I'm down with him going to Cleveland, though. That'll be a fun team to watch, and maybe he can convince Kyrie and Love how to play defense.

I honestly think his best basketball move is to ask Phoenix to bring in both he and Bosh, but that's pretty obviously not going to happen at this point.

at first I was all
sudden_realization_christopher_lloyd.gif

but then I

give-up.gif

I'm down with him going to Cleveland, though. That'll be a fun team to watch, and maybe he can convince Kyrie and Love how to play defense.

Would be awesome if that Phoenix move happened and Ish stuck on the roster as well!

My perception of James and the entire National Thug Assoc. will never change.

Back