• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would your perception of Lebron improve if he returned to Cleveland?

Would your perception of LBJ improve is he returned to CLE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I'm not really much of an NBA fan outside of watching former Deacs, so obviously I love the Spurs. Originally I clicked on the "No" button but I think, after reading Lebron's "essay" in SI (man he is such an attention whore), I'm somewhat swayed. I'd rather see him whoring for attention to help the NE part of Ohio from where is hails originally. Nothing against Miami (actually I hate that overpopulated sweat box but that's a different story) but it's cool to think that Lebron actually has enough philanthropic will and love of hometown to want to make a difference there, which is far more important than helping D-Wade get out of the car when they go to practice together. So to the good folks of NE Ohio, I really do hope you get your long-awaited title (although I'd prefer the Indians get it first), but not until 2016 after Timmy gets his repeat and strolls off into the sunset in his flannel shirt and his backpack slung over his somewhat leaned shoulders. Go Timmah! And hooray for Cleveland. Bridgestone will be a freakin' circus this year as I reckon they will roll out the red carpet for Lebron to watch Tiger a la MJ at the Ryder Cup.

What is ESPN going to talk about now? They may cut 1 of their many channels now that LBJ has made his 2nd decision. And it'll be a whole nother 4-5 years before LBJ makes his 3rd decision.

What is ESPN going to talk about now? They may cut 1 of their many channels now that LBJ has made his 2nd decision. And it'll be a whole nother 4-5 years before LBJ makes his 3rd decision.

it'll be lot more boring and have a lot lower ratings until NFL camps open.

they talked about it constantly because people actually tuned in for it. Way more people than would've tuned in this time of year without Lebron-mania

If they are gonna devote an entire channel to every one of Tiger's 286 swings (I say -2 and makes the cut a couple over and then goes 67-73 on the weekend) next week at The Open, might as well devote all of ESPN3 to LBJ's house hunt in Cleveland and his free rounds of golf at Firestone CC.

That letter was some quality PR-ing. I liked the part about NE Ohio needing more talent.

Well, this, for another few weeks at least. Expect to see SC specials outlining Lebron's time in Cleveland and then his time in Miami. Some special countdowns and such.

there are some very special people on these here boards.

there are some very special people on these here boards.

DGFzv.gif

Still don't like him. The essay was well done, though. He made a good decision to leave a franchise that wasn't doing enough to help him win and he made a good decision to go back home when they had sucked and lucked their way back to legitimacy. It remains to be seen in the Cleveland brass and Coach Blatt are capable of winning with Lebron but they certainly have the pieces.

I can't believe people are praising that letter. It's a load of self-indulgent crap. He would have never returned to Cleveland if they hadn't gotten draft-lucky.

That letter worked. Say what you will. It worked.

Earlier in the week, my Heat fan buddy said that he would question Lebron if he went back to Cleveland because he couldn't see how a black man could go back and play for Gilbert after The Letter.

This is what he posted on Facebook today:
"Just finished reading Lebron's article to SI. What an incredibly classy guy. Over the last few days I've heard a lot of people denigrating Lebron, people I talked to calling him classless and narcissistic. I always told them to wait until it's over and hear what the story is, hear why we are kept waiting. Many people I spoke to believed Lebron would never tell that story. He told it today, and it's one that no one sane can get mad about. Lebron was my second favorite NBA player of all time yesterday, and he remains that today, perhaps even more so.

He's a legit Heat fan. Season ticket holder. Went to the U. He's a professor there. People like him lose the most from Lebron leaving yet that essay healed the wound.

Lebron played the "Cleveland sucks" card well.

i'm no big fan of lebron but if people treat you like a savior your whole life you're gonna act like one

he's a spoiled asshole douchebag who has been pretty consistently spoiled since HS

i'm no big fan of lebron but if people treat you like a savior your whole life you're gonna act like one

he's a spoiled asshole douchebag who has been pretty consistently spoiled since HS

a_lebronhumv_i.jpg

Hypothetical, he announced he was coming to Philly, what would your reaction be?

congrats for seeing though the bullshit. what an enlightened individual.

Back