• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WSJ on Manning Hire and [Redacted]

Winning will rally the fanbase. That's it. If we had hired Larranaga, we would be winning with an old coach and the fanbase would be excited.

Larranaga pretty much counters the "don't hire anyone older than x" philosophy. And Roy was 53 when he took the UNC job.

Is there a specific reason we didn't play this weekend or was it just a weird scheduling quirk?

It was a key UNCG road game @ VMI We needed to afford our fan base the opportunity to go watch Wes in action.

RJ -- I'm not really arguing either way regarding Wes Miller but if a school was ever in a position to take a chance it is Wake. We have absolutely sucked now for almost 10 years.

That's exactly why we can't take the chance.

If a coach from the Southern Conf was getting a job at a better program it is obviously going to be McCall. He is in his 2nd year & on pace to averaging 28-29 wins a year. Wes has been there 6 & done dick.

Is there a specific reason we didn't play this weekend or was it just a weird scheduling quirk?

I feel like every year we have one or two weird week-long layoffs that other teams don't have, and that doesn't even include the holiday and exam breaks. Maybe other teams have these too and I just don't realize it. It drives me crazy. A week is too long to go without getting a hoops fix.

I feel like every year we have one or two weird week-long layoffs that other teams don't have, and that doesn't even include the holiday and exam breaks. Maybe other teams have these too and I just don't realize it. It drives me crazy. A week is too long to go without getting a hoops fix.
We used to always have a non-conference game in the heart of the ACC season. Typically it was a big-time P5 program

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's a 15 team league. Pitt plays tonight and doesn't play again until next Tuesday.

Cue the "rusty" and "long layoff" excuses when we get smoked by Miami at home tomorrow.

It's a 15 team league. Pitt plays tonight and doesn't play again until next Tuesday.

Yep. The only thing that is a little weird is that WF has two byes, both of WF's fall on weekends. So, WF has two open weekends during the heart of basketball season which is unusual. The 2nd bye is at the end of February.

If a coach from the Southern Conf was getting a job at a better program it is obviously going to be McCall. He is in his 2nd year & on pace to averaging 28-29 wins a year. Wes has been there 6 & done dick.

5th full season and a virtual lock for 2nd regular season title. McCall inherited all his players. Wes' best 3 went down with injuries last 2 years. You have a really educated view there dude.

Let me know if you want to compare resumes or tax returns Mr. "done dick"

5th full season and a virtual lock for 2nd regular season title. McCall inherited all his players. Wes' best 3 went down with injuries last 2 years. You have a really educated view there dude.

Let me know if you want to compare resumes or tax returns Mr. "done dick"

Paging Strattocaster

Yep. The only thing that is a little weird is that WF has two byes, both of WF's fall on weekends. So, WF has two open weekends during the heart of basketball season which is unusual. The 2nd bye is at the end of February.

This is because we had the FSU game before most everyone else started ACC play. Not that hard to figure out

LOL, dr has such a hard-on for Miller. His first "regular season title" apparently was winning his 6-team division in the SoCon, in spite of the fact that they went 10-8 in the conference that year which was good enough for a tie for fourth overall.

And they are a "virtual lock" to win the conf regular season this year, despite currently being in a three-way tie for first place.

Post-truth bitches

Back